View of Anwen, Pan'an's capital..
Pan'an (磐安) is a mountainous county within the Jinhua (金华) region of Zhejiang Province, China and is known for its relatively clean air and beautiful scenery. This makes it a growing tourist area for locals of nearby Cities.
Non Chinese tourists are however rare here and can expect to get extra attention.
Busses are available to Anwen (安文, capital of Pan'an county) from most local towns and cities.
- From Shanghai a bus is available once a day and takes about 5 hours.
- From Yiwu busses are regular and should take about 1.5 hours.
- From Hangzhou busses are regular and take a little over 2 hours.
There are plenty of taxis in Anwen but can be pretty hard to come by in other parts of Pan'an. If taking a taxi else where it would be advised to make return arrangements before leaving.
It is also worth noting the distinct lack of local taxis at the Anwen bus station. Most taxis that are at the station are looking for long distance firs and may not help you get to your hotel.
There are many mini busses that operate around Anwen.
Around Anwen town centre this is the best way around for the traveler. The outer parts of Anwen and other towns and villages are outside of walking distance for most people.
Bridge in Huaxi, Pan'an county.
- Huaxi (花溪). Huaxi is a scenic area in the mountainous areas away from major towns. The main attraction is the shallow, rock bedded river that can be easily walked. Snacks and a few restaurants are available from the several small villages near the river. There is a small entry charge for visiting the area if you are not a resident (or visiting a resident) of the enclosed villages.. edit
- Anwen Riverside. Anwen surrounds the Anwen Brook. Despite the name it is quite a decent size river. The brook is quite a focal point for the town and some pollution aside is quite pretty. A wander along the river can show you most of what locals will do from fishing, washing, buying and selling and just relaxing. The bridges and banks are lit with decorative lighting at night and the atmosphere becomes more of a relaed bustle as many people finish work and head to the river. edit
- Huataishan Park (花台山公园). A park within Anwen with great views of the surrounding town and mountains. The moon pagoda is worth a view. The park also contains a memorial museum that is open a few hours each morning and afternoon. edit
- Mushrooms. Many kinds of mushrooms are a local specialty and can be purchased at most fresh produce markets. Dried mushrooms are also available. edit
- Jinhua pork (金华火腿). A local ham (special to the Jinhua region not just Pan'an) the pork is widely known throughout much of china edit
The vast majority of food is available from cheap street vendors or small restaurants. Some favourites are pancakes with pickle filling, steamed buns (包子) and "blank"-on-a-stick.
- Panan Jade Jianguo Resort (翡翠建国酒店). The resturant attached to this hotel serves good local food in an upmarket setting. edit
- Panan Jade Jianguo Resort (翡翠建国酒店), Mountain Hailuo, 322300 Anwen. Panan Jade Jianguo Resort is located in Anwen it is in the centre of the town but a little out of the way if getting around by foot as it is at the top of a hill. On the other hand this gives the hotel good views and a more secluded feel. It features an outdoor pool, barbecue facilities and free wired internet in the entire hotel. All rooms come with a balcony overlooking the Hailuo Mountain. 500 RMB and up. edit
- Pan'an Guomao Hotel (国贸大酒店), 6 Hailuo Street, Anwen. edit