| || |
| || |
Revision as of 16:27, 19 September 2011
Pampatar is a city on Margarita Island.
Pampatar is about a 40 minute drive from Margarita's Santiago Marino International Airport, via a fast highway.
Car rentals are available in Porlamar as well as in other parts of the island including at the airport and Playa El Yaque. Ensure that you thoroughly check the credentials of any rental agencies and ensure that they are licensed, have readily accessible office and an office contact number. Also ensure that you fully check the vehicle for any pre-existing damage including all lower body panels, the roof, and all window glass, before you sign the contract with any rental provider.
- La Vela Mall, Los Uveros Pampatar, . 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM. The 45,000 M2 mall offers three levels with 110 stores and restaurants. Indoor parking located on the corner of la Avenida Bolívar and la calle Los Uveros in Costa Azul, on the outskirts of Pampatar. An indoor playground for kids called "“Marine Kids" is available for the little ones. The food fair offers seating for over 1,000 with vendors such as, Subway, Capressa, McDonalds, Churro Mania, Panda Express, Positano, Don Patacon Gourmet, Al Grill, Tony Roma's, Burger King, Bonsai Sushi, La Tequila Express, Arturo's, Deli Fruit, Lancry's, El Rauche, Il Piacere, Koi, Habibis Shaguarma, Moko Caribe, Fogatta Cafe, Bar and Grill, Crepes A La Carta, Santo Coyote, Prego Mozzarella Bar, Ibiza Cafe, Deli and Bar.
- Sambil Mall, Avenida Jovito Villalba, Pampatar, . 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM. Over 65,000 m2, having opened over 10 years ago, there are over 250 stores including; 7 movie screens, 18 fast food joints, 14 restaurants, a free-standing store in the parking lot and almost 2,000 parking spaces. A Hotel is integrated to the mall with 135 rooms and an area of 12,090 of m2.
Learn Spanish, or pick up the first words necessary to get around while on the island.
- Cela Spanish School, Calle Corocoro Qta. Cela Urbanizacion Playa El Angel, Pampatar, ☎ +58 295 262 8198, +58 412 353 3124, . The school is owned and managed by Sabine Loffler, PhD in Linguistics and specialist in teaching Spanish as a foreign language. The school has also a free on-line version where you can learn Spanish for your travel to Venezuela. Teaching is to 5 levels of ability and Spanish courses for special purposes such as medicine law and business are available. Courses are offered in small groups with a maximum of 7 participants and it is also possible to book one-to-one lessons.
- Sambil Mall Food Court, Sambil Mall, . 10AM-9PM. The food court has something for just about everyone. There are well know American franchises such as KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, as well as more interesting local and international foods available within this food court. Everyone in your group can dine on something different while eating together as a group.
- Casa Caranta, Avenida Joaquín Maneiro (located on the main strip in Pampatar), ☎ +58 295 262-8610. 7PM-1AM. Located in downtown Pampatar, this restaurant's principal inspirations are Italian, Asian, and the Americas. The menu changes regularly, is handwritten on large chalkboards and brought to your table. Live music most nights. Closed Sunday during the low season.
- Dolphin Restaurant, Avenida Aldonza Manrique (in the Playa El Angel section outskirts of Pampatar), ☎ +58 295 262 1662. Hours vary by season. Italian, seafood and international cuisine are the specialities. It is closed on Sundays.
- Trimar Restaurant, Calle Almirante Brión & the Beach, ☎ +58 295 262-3332. Since 1965, a family restaurant on the beach in Pampatar. Specializing in fish, seafood and international cuisine. Air conditioned dining room and beach front open air dining.
- Catabar (reservations recommended), Avenida Joaquín Maneiro (located on the main strip in Pampatar), ☎ +58 295 772-7589, . Daily 7PM-midnight. A variety of international cuisine. The chef is from France and the presentation is what one would expect from a 5 star restaurant. Their desserts receive high praise from the local food critics. A wine list and cocktails are also available. There is a lounge and bar in the rear. The owner speaks English if help is required with the menu.
- El Fondeadero, Avenida Joaquín Maneiro (next to the fort water front). Enjoy waterfront dining while being served fresh seafood that was caught that day or chose from a variety of other dishes.
- Kamy Beach, Av. Aldonza Manrique, Playa Varadero, ☎ +58 295 808-6066. 11PM-3AM. DJ disco type directly on the beach.
- Tiffany's, (located on the road behind Farmatodo on the outskirts of Pampatar). The only gay club in the island.
- Lidotel-Sambil, Centro Sambil Margarita, Avenida Jovito Villalba con entrada San Lorenzo, Edificio Lidotel, ☎ +58 295-260-2888, . Offering single rooms, double rooms and suites. A business center is located in the Lobby, open 24 hours, equipped with phone/fax, copier, computer workstations with Internet connection and complete secretarial services. 24 hour room service with a wide selection of dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Internet access in the rooms, lobby and public areas. Laundry and dry cleaning available Monday to Saturday from 9.00 AM - 4:00 PM. Swimming pool located in on the roof where you can enjoy a cocktail from the rooftop bar. Fitness center located on lobby level with modern machines. Open Monday to Friday 6.00 AM to 10.00 PM. Weekends and Holidays 10.30 AM to 3.00PM. A restaurant and 2 bars are also available.
- Guesthouse La Casa De Maria, Playa El Angel, Calle Petronila Mata, Casa María A-38, ☎ +58 416 399-6435. A converted family home, now a guest house containing eight rooms. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, fan, small fridge, cableTV and self contained private bathrooms with hot water. Centrally located in a pleasant residential area, within easy reach of all services and activities. Public and private transportation nearby. Walking distance to shopping centers, supermarkets, pharmacies, liquor stores and restaurants. Breakfast included, except Sunday. Free Internet service and airport transfers.
- Margarita Island Condos, Playa el Angel, ☎ +58 295 772 8600, +58 416 398 9034, . The condos are fully equipped, tidy and clean but the decor and furnishings may be a little dated. They are offered by the day, week or month. The condo's are available in several popular locations on the island and some have beach or sea views.