is in [[Tajikistan]]. |+|
'''Pamirs''' in [[Tajikistan]].
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 15:05, 2 August 2005
The Pamirs are in Tajikistan.
Either hitch on a fuel tanker or truck on its way back to Kyrgystan, or hire your own vehicle from Khorog.
Same as getting in.
- Lake Karakol. For half the year it is frozen.
- Lots of mountains.
- Murgab's very small bazaar.
- Hunting the Marco Polo sheep.
- Mountain climbing.
- Hiking an trecking.
- Be a part of a very expensive tour group.
- Sit an enjoy the silence and views.
Rice, eggs, snacks, yak butter, bread, mutton.
Tea, surprisingly good coffee, and vodka. Yak milk.
A zealous policeman in Murgab may want to register you with the police or complain if you were taking photos. This isn't a problem, registration should be known well enough simply getting to the area.
Same as getting in, either back to Khorog or onto Kyrgystan. There is currently no border open with China.