Padstow is small historic fishing village on the north coast of Cornwall, England famous for being the residence of T.V celebrity chief Rick Stein.
Coming from Exeter, take the A30 to Bodmin. then drive through Wadebridge and onto Padstow
The nearest airport is Newquay international, which has daily flights to London Stansted, London Gatwick and London Luton. When departing from Newquay Airport be prepared to spend 5 pounds extra tax. (used for the extension of the terminal building)
All places in Padstow its self are within walking distance.
- The National Lobster Hatchery - Located on the south quay, the national lobster hatchery rear lobsters to return back to the sea to relieve the strain from modern pressures. www.nationallobsterhatchery.co.uk
- Prideaux Place - An old house located at the top of padstow. www.prideauxplace.co.uk
- Padstow Lifeboat Station - The station is located just outside of padstow at Trevose head. The lifeboat station is open during the day to the public. www.padstow-lifeboat.org.uk
- The Camel trail - Cycle along the Camel trail to Wadebridge.
Padstow has a large number of beaches within the local vacinity:
- St Georges Well -
- Harbour Cove/Tregirls -
- Harlyn -
- Mother Ivys -
- Boobies Bay -
Across the other side of the esturary
- Rock beach
- Daymer Bay
- Rick Stein fish and chips on the south quay
- The London Inn -
- The Golden Lion -
- The Shipwrights -
- The Old Custom house Inn -
- The R Bar -
- The Old Ship Inn -