Osaka prefecture (大阪府 Ōsaka-fu) is the Kansai region of Japan.
- Osaka - the city that gives the prefecture its name
- Sakai - known for the Nintoku-ryo Tumulus, a giant ancient tomb
- Toyonaka - suburban city containing the large "new town" of Senri
- Kadoma - headquarters of Matsushita
There are a number of Japanese language schools in and around Osaka.
Osaka has many universities, although its schools generally have less of an international reputation than those in Tokyo. Note that universities in Kyoto and Kobe are also close to Osaka.
- Kansai Foreign Language University (関西外国語大学 Kansai Gaikokugo Daigaku), better known as Kansai Gaidai, is located in Hirakata City, east of Osaka City and has exchange programs with a number of universities overseas.
- Kansai University (関西大学 Kansai Daigaku) has its main campuses in Suita City and Takatsuki City, in northern Osaka Prefecture.
- Osaka University (大阪大学 Osaka Daigaku) is the city's most prestigious university, dating back to the formation of the national university system in the late 1800s. It has two campuses in Suita and Toyonaka cities, north of Umeda.
Get outWikiPedia:Osaka Prefecture