Orenburg is a region in Russia's East Volga Region.
- Orenburg — the capital and principal city is famous for its down shawls
- Gay — a small industrial city in the region's Gaysky District, perhaps of interest to a novelty seeker with a mature sense of humor
- Novotroitsk — a mid-sized industrial city
- Orsk — the region's second largest city, which straddles the Urals River, placing it in both Europe and Asia; notable for its Orsk Jasper and many Bronze Age grave sites
- Orenburgsky Nature Reserve
Orenburg Oblast is a big agricultural producer in Russia and is not a major tourist destination. The Ural River, considered the boundary between Europe and Asia, cuts through its territory.
See Russian phrasebook.
Orenburg's main airport services flights to/from Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Dushanbe
There are two trains from Moscow to Orenburg.
One of them departs every odd day around 19:00 and takes 26 hours.
And the second one departs every day per week around 15:00 and takes 30 hours.
Trains goes through Ryazan, Samara.
There is one train goes every day from and to Samara.
Trains head south to Kazakhstan and on to Uzbekistan from Orenburg and Orsk.