Orenburg is a region in Russia's East Volga Region.
- Orenburg — the capital and principal city is famous for its down shawls
- Gay — a small industrial city in the region's Gaysky District, perhaps of interest to a novelty seeker with a mature sense of humor
- Novotroitsk — a mid-sized industrial city
- Orsk — the region's second largest city, which straddles the Urals River, placing it in both Europe and Asia; notable for its Orsk Jasper and many Bronze Age grave sites
- Orenburgsky Nature Reserve
Orenburg Oblast is a big agricultural producer in Russia and is not a major tourist destination. The Ural River, considered the boundary between Europe and Asia, cuts through its territory.
See Russian phrasebook.
Orenburg's main airport services flights to/from Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Dushanbe
There is a train from Moscow to Orenburg, which departs several times per week around 19:00 and takes 26 hours.
Trains head south to Kazakhstan and on to Uzbekistan from Orenburg and Orsk.