Orange is a city in Orange County in Southern California.
The city of Orange is easily accessible from the 5, 22, 55, 57, and 91 freeways.
- Crystal Cathedral, 12141 Lewis St., ☎ +1 714 971-4013, . M-Sat: 9AM-3:30PM. A towering edifice of glass, the beautiful Crystal Cathedral was nominated as a Wonder of the World. The Cathedral, serving as a place of worship, also is host to annual Christmas and Easter shows. Tickets sell fast so if you plan to attend, buy them beforehand, as it will be near impossible to buy them at the door.
- The Plaza and Old Towne Orange Historic District, Around intersection of Chapman Ave and Glassel St.. The Old Town Historic distict is a one-square mile area surrounding the Plaza at the intersection of Chapman Ave. and Glassel St. The district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and contains approxmiately 1,300 buildings dating back as far as the 1870s. The Plaza at the center of the district has been used as a movies stand-in for small towns in historic movies.
- Dromo One, 1431 N. Main Street, ☎ +1 714 744-4779 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 714 744-4431), . M-Th: 1PM-10PM, F-Sa: 11AM-11PM, Su: 11AM-9PM. High-powered, indoor go-kart racing at speeds up to 40 MPH.
- The Block, 20 City Boulevard West, ☎ +1 714 769-4000, . A massive out-door shopping venue with a multi-screen movie theatre and giant indoor skate park.
- Peters Canyon Regional Park, 8548 E. Canyon View Ave., ☎ +1 714 973-6611, . 7AM to sunset. Hiking, biking, and equestrian trails around a lake and along a stream. The reservoir attracts many birds so it is an excellent spot for birdwatching.
- Felix Continental Café, 36 Plaza Square, ☎ +1 714 633-5842 (email@example.com), . M-F: 11AM-10PM, Sa-Su: 8AM-10PM. In the Orange Circle is a quaint location with the best Cuban and Spanish food in all of Orange County with outdoor seating providing lovely views of the Plaza. Lunch: $7-14; Dinner: $10-14.
- Orange Hill, 6410 E. Chapman, ☎ +1 714 997-2910, . The elegant Orange Hill Restaurant, located in the foothills of Orange, is an upscale dining experience. It features one of Southern California's best Sunday Brunches with views all the way to the ocean. Dinner: $19-39; Weekend brunch: children - $14.95, adults - $27.95-32.95.
- Watson Soda Fountain & Lunch Counter, 116 E Chapman Ave., ☎ +1 714 633-1050 (fax: +1 714 532-6531). M-Sa: 6:30AM-9PM, Su: 8AM-6PM. There are few places like Watson Soda Fountain & Lunch Counter left in America, and even fewer in Orange County. With formica and chrome, "Liver and Onions" on special, and red checkered tablecloths with swivel stools to match, it oozes nostalgia without even trying. Both a functioning drug store and a diner, its interior is a space so eeriely classic, so suspended in a long forgotten decade, that I half expect Andy Taylor to mosey in, saddle up at the counter, and order a slice of apple pie and a chocolate malt -- which just happens to be a specialty of the house.
- Best Western Orange Plaza, 1302 W Chapman Avenue, +1 714 633-7720, Fax: +1 714 633-9469, .
- Days Inn Anaheim-Orange, 279 S. Main St., +1 714-771-6704, .
- Hawthorne Suites, 720 The City Drive South, +1 714 740-2700, Fax: +1 714 971-1692.
- Motel 6 Anaheim Stadium - Orange, 2920 West Chapman Avenue, +1 714 634-2441, Fax: +1 714 634-0127, .
- Quality Suites, 3101 W. Chapman Avenue, +1 714 456-0007, Fax: +1 714 456-0008, .
- Ayres Inn Orange, 3737 W. Chapman • Orange, CA 92868, ☎ (714) 978-9168, . Ayres Inn Orange is an Orange County, California luxury boutique hotel located right off I-5. Enjoy spacious guest rooms, friendly services and easy access to Disneyland Resort.