Oakdale is in the San Joaquin Valley of California along California Highway 120, which is the fastest route from the Bay Area to Yosemite. Oakdale claims to be the Cowboy Capital of the World.
- Herseys chocolate factory
- Oakdale Rodeo
The Oakdale Dinner Train takes visitors on a scenic ride in the countryside east of Oakdale.
- Knights Ferry Rafting (Sunshine Adventures), PO Box 1445 (Go east of Oakdale about 15 minutes, left on Kennedy Road, left on Sonora, once you cross bridge we are on the right), ☎ 2098484800, . Sunshine Adventures has been providing safe, affordable rafting trips on the Stanislaus River out of Knights Ferry, CA for over 25 years. $17+.
- Best Western Rama Inn, 1450 E F Street, ☎ +1 209 845-2500 (toll free: +1 888 415-2500, fax: +1 209 845-2523), .
- Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, 828 East F Street, ☎ 209-8479121, .
- Quality Inn Oakdale, 825 East F Street, ☎ (209)-847 8181, . checkin: 3:00 P.M.; checkout: 11:00 A.M.. Quality Inn Oakdale offers affordable hotel accommodations in Oakdale near Modesto, California plus fabulous travel packages and special for northern California vacations and business travel.
Knights Ferry just east of Oakdale makes a nice outing and has one of the few remaining covered bridges in the west.