Nyborg is a city on the island of Funen in Denmark.
There is no local international airport in Nyborg or on the island of Funen. However there are several nearby international airports in Århus (Aarhus), Billund, Esbjerg & Copenhagen. All of these airports offer train and/or bus routes to Nyborg.
- Aarhus Airport, take the blue airport shuttle-bus to the central train station where you can then take a train to Nyborg. The train you take should be destined for Copenhagen, Kastrup or Østerport. Trains depart roughly every 30 minutes during the day & every two hours after 1am.(Served by: Ryanair)
- Billund Airport, get a local bus to either Kolding or Vejle, timetables are available outside of the main airport entrance. Once you arrive in either Kolding or Vejle you should take a train from there to Nyborg. Trains depart roughly every 30 minutes during the day & every two hours after 1am. The total trip is generally around 2 hours.(Served by: Ryanair, Sterling, British Airways & Others)
- Esbjerg airport take the local bus from the airport directly to the town centre where you can then take a train to Fredericia & then onwards to Nyborg. (Served by: Ryanair)
- Copenhagen/Kastrup Airport, this airport is closer to Nyborg than the other main airports & is served by many more airlines. Upon arrival you should take the train from the airport directly to Nyborg via Copenhagen City. This trip can take between 70 & 90 minutes. Nyborg station is located directly after the tunnel/bridge connecting Funen & Zealand (Note: On trains leaving from Copenhagen Airport it is important that you clip your train ticket prior to boarding).
The Danish rail company DSB offers rail-links between Nyborg& most of Denmark's major towns & cities. The trains are of exceptional quality and offer the traveller very comfortable and spacious seats. Most trains have hot + cold food and drinks available en-route. During peak times it might be advisable to book a seat for your journey. This is generally not required very early in the morning or late at night.
Trains are very regular & almost always depart on time. Ticket checks take place on every journey, thus it is important that you are in possession of a valid ticket. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the train.
- Roughly about 75 minutes from Copenhagen. Trains depart every hour. (Average cost: 220dkk)
- Between 95 & 120 minutes from Århus.
- Between 90 and 120 minutes from Esbjerg in southern Jutland.
- About 1 hour from Svendborg in southern Funen.
- About 5 hours from Hamburg in Germany.
For further details on train schedules, frequency & costs, visit, www.dsb.dk .