Limfjorden runs east-west, in the western part being the border of North Jutland, in eastern part running through the region.
North Jutland is in Denmark.
North Jutland is an administrative region consisting of the landscapes of North Jutlandic Island with Thy, Han Herred and Vendsyssel, as well as the northeastern part of mainland Jutland. In terms of municipalities, the region consists of Brønderslev, Frederikshavn, Hjørring, Jammerbugt, Læsø, Mariagerfjord, Morsø, Rebild, Thisted, Vesthimmerlands and Aalborg.
- Aalborg — inland harbour on the Limfjorden, a waterway connecting Kattegat Sea (east) and North Sea (Vesterhavet')
- Blokhus — one of Denmark's most popular beaches
- Dronninglund — town in Vendsyssel
- Fjerritslev — small village in the central of Han Herred, the land between the North Sea and Limfjorden, building a bridge between Thy and Vendsyssel
- Frederikshavn — coastal town on Kattegat Sea. Ferry to Læsø Island.
- Hirtshals — important ferry harbour with services to Norway.
- Hjørring — inland town in Vendsyssel area
- Hobro — the west
- Skagen — Jutlands picturesque northern peninsular
- Sæby — coastal town on Kattegat Sea
- Voerså — coastal village south of Sæby
- Thisted — town located at the western end of Limfjorden
- Læsø — remote and unique off the beaten path island half way to Sweden
- Thy National Park — the first national part to be established in Denmark
There are ferries from Sweden and Norway to Hirtshals and Frederikshavn in North Jutland.
There are planes from Copenhagen, Oslo, London, Málaga, Tórshavn and Reykjavik to Aalborg Airport.
There are trains from Copenhagen, Aarhus, Randers, Odense, Esbjerg and other cities to Northern Jutland.
From Copenhagen or Aarhus: Take the 888 bus to Aalborg, and from there take another bus to your destination
- Skawbo rødspætte (plaice with craneberries served with berry porridge of cranberries, lingonberry or gooseberry.
- Rulleål (filleted eel rolled around onion and parsley, and cooked in salty water)
North Jutland has a very interesting small brewery, Thisted Bryghus (website). Along with other small Danish breweries, it produces Thy Classing and Pilsner; a range of specialist beers, including Ales and Porters similar to the English styles; white beers; and seasonal ales. Their bottled beers can be found in many bars (you may need to ask) and shops.
- Jomfru Ane Gade: A bar street in Aalborg.
|Routes through North Jutland