Revision as of 05:07, 30 March 2008
North Canton is a city in Stark County.
North Canton was originally called New Berlin, but, due to negative German attitudes, the name was changed in 1918.
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport, CAK. Located on the north end of Stark County in North Canton
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, CLE. A hub for Continental Airlines, the Cleveland Airport, combined with an approximately one-hour drive is a convenient means to visit North Canton.
- Stark County Regional Transit Authority (SARTA), tel: +1 330-47-SARTA (330-477-2782), . $1.15 Regular fare/ .50 Reduced fare (Seniors, Disabled)/ Children under 6 ride free. SARTA provides reliable public bus service throughout Stark County. Transfer Centers are located in: Alliance, Massillon, and Canton. There is a bus to the Akron/Canton Airport (Route 115) and an express bus between Canton and Downtown Akron (Route 81). Buses on main routes generally depart each stop every hour. SARTA buses run 365 days per year. On Holidays, buses run the Sunday schedule. Check website for details: http://www.sartaonline.com. Additionally, Lakefront Lines, a private bus company, operates an office in SARTA's Canton Transfer Center. Lakefront Lines goes through Canton on it's route between Cleveland and Charleston, SC.
- Hoover Historical Center, 1875 East Maple Street, North Canton, +1 330-499-0287, Located on the campus of Walsh University, the Hoover Historical center provides history, contributions and legacy of the Hoover vacuum cleaner.
- North Canton Playhouse, 525 7th St NE, tel: +1 330-494-1613, .
- Harry London Chocolates, 5353 Lauby Rd, ☎ 1-800-321-0444 ext. 119 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Tour times: M-F 10AM-3PM.. Guided tours of the chocolate factory, just outside of Akron/Canton Regional Airport. Tour lasts approximately 45 minutes. Reservations required. $3/2/Free (Adults/Children/Children under 2)..
- Cheese N Crackers Deli, 1430 W Maple St, tel: +1330-497-9344. Small deli that serves sandwiches and soup.
- Geisen Haus, 6955 Promway Ave NW, tel: +1 330-499-9116. The Geisen Haus serves authentic German food in a sports bar type atmosphere. If it's your birthday you can get a huge stein of beer for $1.
- Leno's Family Restaurant, 2494 Easton St NE (Easton and Middlebranch), tel: +1 330-492-2177. Family style restaurant that offers all-you-can-eat spaghetti and pizza for cheap on Wednesdays.
- Palombo's Italian Restaurant & Lounge, 4100 Portage St NW, tel: +1 330-497-1815 .
- 356 Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mount Pleasant St NW, tel: +1 330-494-3500, (fax: +1 330-494-5509), . Located near the Akron-Canton Airport, you can watch planes taking off and landing while you eat. Also has great brunches on Sundays. Dinners $15-25.
- 91 Wood Fired Oven, 1983 E Maple St (Washington square plaza), tel: +1 330-498-9191, . Dinners $15-25.
- Carrabba's Italian Grill, 6560 Strip Ave NW, tel: +1 330-966-2426, . Hours: Su 12PM-9PM, M-Th 4PM-10PM, F 4PM-11PM, Sa 3PM-11PM. Dinners $15-20.
- Legends Sports Bar & Grille, 3199 Whitewood St NW, tel +1 330-494-2377.
- Panini's Bar & Grille, 5252 Dressler Rd NW, tel +1 330-266-1000.
- Fox & Hound Pub & Grille, 4770 Everhard Rd NW, tel +1 330-497-2593.
- 7 Martini Lounge, 4691 Dressler Rd Nw, tel +1 330-649-7777, (fax: +1 330-649-7775 email@example.com) . Martini's $6-7.
- Microtel Inn & Suites, 7046 Sunset Strip Ave NW, tel: +1 330-966-7551 , . Weekdays: $59-69/night; Weekdays: $69-79/night.
- Motel 6, 6880 Sunset Strip Ave NW, tel: +1 330-494-5366, . $35-40/night.
- Harleigh Inn, 500 N Main St, tel: +1 330-499-9900.
WikiPedia:North Canton, Ohio