Norrköping  is located in Östergötland in Sweden. It is Sweden's 8th largest municipality with a population of more than 128 000. Traditionally, it was dominated by the paper and textile industry, giving it the nickname "The Manchester of Sweden".
- Norrköping airport (Kungsängen) with connection to Copenhagen, Helsinki and Munich and also regional flights to Visby
- Stockholm (Skavsta) airport about 60 km north of Norrköping. Ryanair and other lowcost airlines service this airport. Flygbussarna have bus services running from the airport to Norrköping.
- By train to the central station. The X2000 between Malmö and Stockholm stops in Norrköping. Find out more at SJ or Veolia
- By bus with Swebus Express , www.busskungen.se , www.blaklintsbuss.se www.svenskabuss.se
A nice way to get around in Norrköping is with the yellow trams. Tickets or cards can be bought onboard but the price is twice as high compared to if you buy the ticket or card beforehand in a kiosk, supermarket or similar. You can even pay by SMS to avoid the 50% surcharge when paying cash on the tram or bus.
Everything listed here that's located in the city is within walking distance of the other listings, as the actual town centre isn't that big.
- Arbetets Museum (The museum of work)  (free entrance) is worth a visit, as is the surrounding Industrilandskapet/Strykjärnet area with a concert hall, a science park, a tourist center, a church, other museums, an art school, some space owned by the university and a lovely waterfall.
- Norrköpings Konstmuseum (Norrköping's art museum) (Kristinaplatsen)  has a large collection of 20th century modern art as well as contemporary works. Free entrance.
- The Cactus Park An intricate display of various cactus in Karl Johans park (close to the railway station) has over 25,000 cacti.
- Walk the Promenades Norrköping's inner city is boxed in by three main roads called 'the promenades' ('promenaderna' in Swedish). Walking them will give you a feel for the city and let you see some of the sights.
- Stroll around 'Strömmen' (Dragsgatan) 'Strömmen' (meaning 'the stream'), refers to the river that flows though Norrköping and that had a historical significance as it was what powered the city's textile industries. The stream may be walked along in a loop that begins at the beginning of the city's main park ('stadsparken') and ends up at the beginning of the historical industrial area. Take note part of the walk are not lit up by night, and should probably be avoided anyway after nightfall.
- Domino, Linden and Spiralen (Drottninggatan 37) Domino, Linden and Spiralen is a gathering of three large shopping centers that lies in the center of Norrköping City. The area consists of many small shops and especially brand shops, so the price may be a little higher than other places, but the variety of items you can find and the nice city scenery should make it worth while.
- Vaxkupan (Drottninggatan 25)  is an ambitious record store with both new and used records. They also sell postcards.
- Pressbyrån (Drottninggatan 37) is a well-stocked magazine store with lots of international and Swedish magazines.
- Ingelsta Handelscentrum (Järngatan 6) is one of the largest commercial shopping districts in Sweden. Notable stores include Maxi, Coop Forum, City Gross, Willys, Media Markt, Bahaus, El-Giganten and many food restaurants, small stores and electronic shops. Due to the high concentration of large retail stores you should get a decent price even for otherwise expensive items.
- Sukiyaki (Kungstorget 2)  Is a traditional japanese restaurant that have a large variety to their menu. They have a nice indoor setting and also a outdoor area with a great view. Mains are 80-150 SEK
- Sing Thai (Trädgårdsgatan 15)  Is a thai restaurant with a large indoor setting rich with a traditional thai decor. Mains are 135-195 SEK.
- Restaurang Athena (Kungsgatan 19)  Is a Greek restaurant with a nice and price-worthy menu. They also serve pizza and sallads. Mains are 75-175 SEK.
- Fräcka frökens frestelser (S:t Persgatan 101, Kungsgatan 43)  Is not a restaurant, but more of a sandwitch café that serves salads, sandwiches, bagels and various types of coffee in a trendy environment. It's very close to the university campus and is therefore popular with students.
- Pizza Norrköping is allegedly one of the pizzeria-densest cities in Sweden, meaning there is quite a selection. If you are looking for a huge (and cheap - 60+ SEK) pizza, head to Cici (S:t Persgatan 58) . For a slightly pricier alternative (70+ SEK, yet of far superior quality, Napoli (S:t Persgatan 38)  is the place to go. Finally, you may also want to consider Pappa Grappa (Gamla rådstugugatan 28) . It's possibly the most expensive pizzeria in Norrköping (100 SEK+), but it is also considered the best by many.
- Puls  Is one of the biggest nightclubs in Norrköping and hosts a large indoor space and in summer, outdoor space for people to sit and mingle. The club has a history of hosting famous international DJs and artist preforming. The clubs most frequent visiting age group are mostly young people between 18 and 25.
- Hugo  Is a club located next door to Puls. It caters to an older crowd (18+ on Wednesdays, +21 on Fridays, +23 on Saturdays) and occasionally hosts concerts. The DJ setup is usually top notch and the open roof part of the club is a great place to hang out during summertime. Hugo also offers dining and bowling during non-nightclub hours.
- The Bishop Arms  Is a highly regarded old school pub with a large assortment of beverage, especially beer and whiskey but they also have a cigar bar. They have a fine indoor serving, but in summer they also have a really nice outdoor area by the river. The frequent visitor is typically between 30 to 60.
- Harrys  Is a large pub/nightclub the lies at the very top of Drottningatan in Norrköping City. It's a fine place to sit and relax, but they also have a small dance floor. A thing to note is that you should dress properly or you won't come in, a pair of jeans and a nice shirt will do fine. Usually attracts customers who are 25 and older.
- O'Learys  Is an Irish themed sports pub with a rich decor of old sports pictures and paintings. They often arrange evenings so visitors can reserve tables to watch soccer, hokey or other sports and have a drink at the same time. They bolster a large number of TVs and screens so you won't miss what's going on. People of all ages with an interest for sports often visit this pub.
- Trädgården Translated "The Garden" is a open roof pub placed in the heart of Norrköping City. It is only opened in late spring to late summer and is a good place to come if you want to be with people of all ages although most people are in the 20 to 30 age group.
- Världens Bar Translated "The Bar of the World" is a multicultural pub/restaurant that has a indoor area shaped as a large corridor with several small sitting spaces and rooms. At day it is a popular dining place (mains are 75-119 SEK) and at night a well visited pub often frequented by university students.
- STF Vandrarhem Norrköping/Abborreberg , Lindö, 011-31 93 44. Bus 116 from Norrköping station, 5 km.
- STF Vandrarhem Norrköping/Turistgården, , Ingelstagatan 31, 011-10 11 60.
- Hotel President , Vattengränden 11, +46 011 129520
- Grand Hotel , Tyska Torget 2
Norrköping is considered very safe, but the city has experienced a increase in crime in recent years. However, one shouldn't feel unease even if you walk the streets by night. Take normal precausions and avoid places like the bigger parks. On weekends Norrköping often experience the normal festivities of any town and the inner city (Drottningatan and Kungsgatan) may have some drunks and noicey people rumbling around. If you happen to meet a drunk person they most likely want to engage in conversation, just be friendly and say you don't have time or are going someplace and they will most likely back off. Physical confrontations are very rare.
- 30 kilometers north-east of Norrköping you'll find Kolmårdens Djurpark , Sweden's largest zoo with some 500,000 visitors yearly. Its main attraction is the dolphinarium, the only one in Scandinavia, with daily dolphin shows. Another popular feature is the safari park, where visitors drive their own cars among the animals. Entrance to the park is 230 SEK for adults or 120 SEK for children. The dolphinarium is included in the price, but not the safari park drive. Vildmarkshotellet  (The Wilderness Hotel) is a hotel for those wishing to stay near the zoo. In summer another option is Safari Camp Kolmården, where families stay in African-style camp tents near the safari park. Bookings at +46 11 15 71 00 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Löfstad Palace, South of Norrköping, is a well-preserved home of the last private owner, who died in 1926. Guided tours, a restaurant and a gift shop. Buses run to the palace from Norrköping several times daily.
- Historic town of Söderköping, South of Norrköping.
- City of Linköping with a cathedral and a castle and several museums.
|Routes through Norrköping
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!