Nelspruit is located in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa.
- Take the N4 highway from Pretoria. Have cash at hand for the toll gates.
Spoornet operates regular trains west to Johannesburg via Middelburg, Witbank and Pretoria, and east to Komatipoort on the border with Mozambique. From Komatipoort you can take a Mozambiquan train east to Maputo.
The train station is at the corner of Andrew and Henshall streets.
Travel around Nelspruit by car and get an eyefull of the beautiful scenery and meandering mountain passes. The area is still quite wild and while you are driving around at your leisure, you may view small game and even some vervet monkeys and baboons.
- Lowveld National Botanical Gardens. It has a splendid tropical atmosphere. It's on the road to White River before you get to the casino.
- Try your luck at the casino.
- Riverside Mall, (From the N4, turn into Daan Pienaar/White River Road (R40) towards White River. Follow this road for about 5km and the mall will be on your right.), ☎ +27 (0)13 757 0080 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +27 (0)13 757 0085). M-Sa 9AM-6PM (). A large regional shopping mall.
Nelspruit is often used as base for visitors touring the Kruger National Park and the nearby sights, like the Blyde River Canyon or Bourke's Luck Potholes. You will therefore find a big range of accommodation here.
- Chantelle Younes, 27 Venn Street, ☎ +27 (0)78 852-9839.
- Crocodile Nest Bed and Breakfast, N4 (12 km west of Nelspruit on the N4), ☎ +27 (0)13 733-3090, . Accommodation lies within the huge, peaceful garden with acres of lawn creating wide open space.
Large parking area and good security. All rooms, rondavels, regular bedrooms and cabins have bathrooms en suite, as well as heaters and fans.
Several are equipped with tea/coffee facilities, fridge, television and microwave. From R280pppn. (-25.445692,30.855462)
- Visit the Kruger National Park
- Take the N4 to Mozambique. Even Only for sightseeing. You can enter Krugerpark at the southern Gates.
- Visit the train tunnel at machadadorp. Check before if safe to walk through tunnel.
- Drive north heading to blyde river canyon, Gods window.