Musselburgh  is a town in East Lothian, Scotland, around 6 miles east of the country's capital city, Edinburgh. The town lays claim to being the oldest in Scotland, and has certainly been inhabited for many thousands of years, due to its strategic location where the River Esk flows into the Firth of Forth.
Lothian Buses  services 15, 26 and 44 serve Musselburgh from Edinburgh.
Musselburgh is served by First Scotrail  services to and from Edinburgh Waverley and North Berwick.
Musselburgh is just off the main A1 Edinburgh to London road.
- Newhailes House, (Well-signposted from the west end of Musselburgh.), . May-Sep, Thu-Mon, 12-5. National Trust for Scotland owned mansion house, virtually unchanged since the 18th century. Tranquil wooded grounds nice for walking.
- The Lagoon, (Behind the racecourse). Popular spot for ornithologists, due to the number of migratory birds that use it for a stopover. Lots of birds live here year round too.
- Musselburgh Racecourse, Linkfield Road, Musselburgh, ☎ 0131 665 2859 (fax: 0131 653 2083), . Musselburgh Links has hosted horse racing since 1816, when the development of the docks at Leith put a stop to race meetings on the sands there. After significant investment in facilities over the last decade or so, the ourse has now been rated a 5-star attraction by Visit Scotland. Hosts races around once a fortnight throughout the year, both flat and National Hunt.
- Musselburgh Old Links, Musselburgh Links, The Old Golf Course, Balcarres Road, Musselburgh, ☎ 0131 665 5438, . Located in the middle of the race course, this 9 hole links course claims to the oldest continuously played golf course in the World.
- Luca's, 32 High Street, Musselburgh, ☎ 0131 665 2237, . Mon - Sat 9.00am - 10.00pm. Sun 10.30am - 10.00pm. No trip to Musselburgh is complete without a visit to Luca's - as the queues of folk from Edinburgh and further afield every weekend (not just in summer) will attest. Simply delicious ice cream and old-fashioned desserts.
- Restaurant 102, 102 New Street, Musselburgh, ☎ 01356 653535, . Family run restaurant that has revitalised the dining scene in the town.