Mürren  is a small village in Switzerland.
Two chalets on the town's edge.
From Interlaken Ost station, there is an hourly train to Lauterbrunnen (make sure that you board the correct section of the train in Interlaken, as the train divides at Zweilutschinen). Once in Lauterbrunnen, follow the directions on the signs. You will make the ascent to Grutschalp in a cable car. From Grustchalp, a train takes you along the ridge to Mürren. On a clear day, the view from the train is spectacular. Be sure to sit on the left side of the train for a view of the valley below.
Mürren is a beautiful car-free village. Everything is accessible on foot.
- Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. There are spectacular views from Murren across to the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains. It is nice to wander through Murren at any time of day or night and take in the view.
- Schilthorn, . It is possible to take a cable car from Murren up to the revolving restaurant on top of Schilthorn. Fantastic views on a clear day.
- In the winter season it is a very popular ski resort, with plenty of rental shops. It also has a few sled runs which are great fun.
- Allmendhubel funicular - ride it up and hike down back to town
- Rent mountain bikes from Stäger-Sport on the lower road - be warned the southern route to the valley has some rather aggressive single track of lose shale between Gimmelwald and the valley floor. Be prepared to walk your bike a good distance (30 min or so) There is a nice restaurant in Sechelberg that is a nice place for a rest before the flat ride down the valley. You will also pass Trummelbach Falls on the east side of the valley. For the trip back up to Murren be warned We were charged and additional fare for putting our bikes in the cargo bin below the tram where people that carried there bikes into the cabin paid only the regular fair -
- Groceries from the local COOP.
- Skis & other sports equipment from the town's many sports shops.
- StägerStubli, (Right in the center of town). Traditional Swiss food in a traditional setting. Fantastic food and a great atmosphere.
- Eiger Guesthouse, (By the train station), ☎ +41 (0)33 856 54 60 (email@example.com). Has a bar, restaurant, and games room. dm from Sfr50, d with shared bathroom Sfr110.
- Hotel Eiger, CH-3825, (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +41 (0)33 856 54 56). Member of Swiss Quality Hotels International. Located 100m from the train station. Indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and solarium. Single room from 208CHF, double room from 300CHF (Rates of april 2009).
Visit nearby Lauterbrunnen and Wengen. Also, a short hike (~40 minutes) down the hill will lead you to the beautiful car-free village of Gimmelwald.