Multan is a city in the Punjab (Pakistan) in Pakistan. Famous for its numerous Sufi dargahs (tombs) and mosques, it's long been one of the country's religious and pilgrimage centers and is an interesting stop for travelers.
Multan has its own airport which can be called international as it is connected with Dubai. PIA has three weekly flights to Dubai from Multan.
Moreover, it has direct flights to/from Faisalabad, Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. Currently only two airlines serve Multan PIA and shaheen airlines.
Shaheen Airlines also started the flights from Karachi
AirBlue is planing to start flights from Multan. Recently PIA has announced twice weekly flights to Quetta.
Multan lies on the main railway line (Peshawar to Karachi) of Pakistan Railways (PR). Therefore, it is well connected with every major city of Pakistan. The major trains stops at Multan Cantt Station are Shah Shamas Express, Khyber Mail, Tezgam, Awam Express, Jaffar Express and Quetta Express.
- Multan Fort ruins -the huge sprawling ancient complex had seen kings and empires fall or rise before its huge walls. Its initial origins are disputed, but the site was destroyed by the British garrison stationed here during the raj.
- Shrines - Multan is world famous for its association with saints and fakirs. Many saints have beautiful tombs maintained by there countless followers. Some of the major ones are:
- Shrine- Jamal-ud-Din Syed "Shah Yousaf Gardez"
- Shrine-Syed Shams-ud-din "Shah Shams Sabzwari"
- Clock Tower which is called as "Ghanta Ghar" in the seraiki language is the land mark of old city.
- Cricket - you may be able to catch a game at the Multan Cricket Stadium, which is a traditional venue for a test match and a one day international every cricket season, which runs from September to Feburary in Pakistan. Cricket has a huge following here, as anywhere in Pakistan. The national captain and star batsmen Inzamam-Ul-Haq is a local boy, and any game sets the town into a frenzy of excitement.
ODI's are well attended, sell out crowds. For an "at ease" experience, go to a day at the test. Moderate crowds will make it a much more enjoyable experience. The Multan pitch is one of the flatest in the world, so batting feasts are the norm. Good viewing!
- Blue Tiles Multan is very famous for its beautiful blue tiles, used in bathrooms and other areas of house /building for decoration.
- Pottery Multani pottery is very famous all over Pakistan, used as decoration, especially vases.
- Quality handicrafts There are also good local tailors who can wrestle up a fine tunic-trouser combo in fair time. Nice prices.
- Multani Jewllery is very well known all over Pakistan due to its uniqueness of designs, colours and sizes, especially "Multani Har"
- Multani Mitti 'Multani clay' is used as Mass.
- RETAIL STORES having grocery and daily use households commodities along with fast food and thev leading store is HTH store located in diffrent parts of the city.
- Multani Shoes Very famous and traditional shoes, worn during weddings and festivals usually, some few people wear them daily
- Multan is known as the city of saints, tombs and mangoes for a reason. Mango season, whilst stifflingly hot for non regional visitors, affords an amazing treat-the juciest, thicket most succulent mangoes in the world. Worth an international flight alone...almost!
- Multani Sohan Halwa is a special dessert of Multan, which is also called as "Habshi Halwa"and is a must for forigners .
- Many street stalls sell the regional standard fare, kebabs, naan breads, chicken in a range of styles etc
- The city has a variety of hotels, but not too much of an international cuisine scene.
All type of soft drinks and bottled waters are available. Also try the wonderful shaved ice from the street vendors,but becareful, buy from the vendors that have the most customers.
In summer you can try FALSA COLA. Which is a speciality of Multan.
You can give a try to a Goli Wali Bottle (Soft Drink Bottle with Marble in it)
- Ramada Multan, . Decent 3 star hotel in the city center. Fair prices, nice rooms. Staff is friendly.
- Sinabad Hotel Nishtar Chowk. Good hotel, clean rooms. A/C. Minibar. Cable TV. This is probably the best hotel in the city. USD 60-90 pppn.
- Fiesta Inn Hotel & Resorts
- Royal Continental Guest House
- Bahawalpur is famous for its Palaces, Library, Museum, Zoo, Historical gates and Lal Sohanra National Park. Also see Derawar Fort and Cholistan Desert
- Uch Shariff is located 75km from Bahawalpur: Visit shrines of Hazrat Bahawal Haleem, Hazrat Jalaluddin Surkh Bukhari, Makhdoom Jahanian Jahangasht, Bibi Jiwandi, Shaikh Saifuddin Ghazrooni etc
PIA makes flights from Multan to Karachi,Lahore,Faisalabad,Rawalpindi,Quetta and islamabad.