Mount Angel is a city in Marion County, in the Cascade Mountains region of Oregon. It is famous for its Oktoberfest, held every September.
From the north (Portland) on I-5, take the Woodburn exit #271 and follow State Highway #214 about ten miles.
From the south on I-5, take the Keizer/Chemawa exit #260B at Salem. Turn right (east) through the Hwy. 99 intersection. Continue east and follow signs about 17 miles.
- Oktoberfest  - held every September. The festival brings in traditional German Bands for an evening filled with glass clanking camaraderie and energetic, foot-stomping alpine music. Take your pick between 4 Bier Gartens or Wine Garten. Fastastic Hot Sausages permeate the air, fresh Oregon Ice Cream sundaes, pastries, onion petals with chipotle sauce all are delicious. The town recently built the largest Glockenspiel in the United States, it's a real show stopper. 2008 dates are September 11-14.
- Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center, 220 E Charles Street, 503-873-9611.
- Mount Angel Abbey, One Abbey Drive, St. Benedict, 503-845-3030, . Presents the Bach Festival in July of each year. (2008 - 37th annual. July 23-25).
- Evergreen Golf Course, 11694 West Church Rd. NE, (503) 845-9911, . 9 holes. Par 35, 3072 yds.
- Bavarian Haus, 115 E Church Street, (503) 845-9466. German food. Try the Alpine Chicken.
- Mt. Angel Brewing Company, 210 Monroe Street, (503) 845-9624, . Large restaurant and microbrewery.
- Happy Garden Restaurant & Lounge, 125 N Main Street, (503) 845-9128.
- Frank-N-Steins Pub, East Charles Street, (503) 845-2633.
WikiPedia:Mt. Angel, Oregon