Mount Angel is a city in Marion County, in the Cascade Mountains region of Oregon. It is famous for its Oktoberfest, held every September.
From the north (Portland) on I-5, take the Woodburn exit #271 and follow State Highway #214 about ten miles.
From the south on I-5, take the Keizer/Chemawa exit #260B at Salem. Turn right (east) through the Hwy. 99 intersection. Continue east and follow signs about 17 miles.
- The Mt. Angel Glockenspiel, corner of Charles and Garfield streets. This 49 ft glockenspiel is part of the Edelweiss Village Building. Performs at 11AM, 1PM, 4PM, and 7PM, sometimes stopping traffic.
- Oktoberfest  - held every September. The festival brings in traditional German Bands for an evening filled with glass clanking camaraderie and energetic, foot-stomping alpine music. Take your pick between 4 Bier Gartens or Wine Garten. Fastastic Hot Sausages permeate the air, fresh Oregon Ice Cream sundaes, pastries, onion petals with chipotle sauce all are delicious. The town recently built the largest Glockenspiel in the United States, it's a real show stopper. 2008 dates are September 11-14.
- Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center, 220 E Charles Street, 503-873-9611.
- Mount Angel Abbey, One Abbey Drive, St. Benedict, 503-845-3030, . Presents the Bach Festival in July of each year. (2008 - 37th annual. July 23-25). Guided tours by appointment. Built in 1883 by Swiss Benedictine monks, this beautiful abbey overlooks Mt. Angel from a butte with great views. It has the largest swinging bell in the Northwest U.S.
- Evergreen Golf Course, 11694 West Church Rd. NE, (503) 845-9911, . 9 holes. Par 35, 3072 yds.
- Bavarian Haus, 115 E Church Street, (503) 845-9466. Mt.Angel's Oldest German Restaurant. Hand Crafted German Cuisine. Family Owned & Operated. Tues - Sun 11AM to 8:30PM, hours can vary seasonally if in doubt just give us a call. 
- Happy Garden Restaurant & Lounge, 125 N Main Street, (503) 845-9128.
- Glockenspiel Restaurant and Pub, 190 East Charles Street, 503-845-6222 (email: email@example.com, . M-Th 11AM-9PM; F,Sa 11AM-10PM; Su 8AM-9PM. Beneath the famous glockenspiel. Uses local foods and offers many special nights.
- Mount Angel Sausage Company, 105 s Garfield (corner of church and Garfield), ☎ 503-845-2322, . 11-8. Mount Angels place to go for Authentic Artisan All Natural, chemical free Handmade Wurst (16-Varieties)and all your Bavarian favorites, snitzel,spaetzle,strudel,strogonoff and much more. Fun Dining, Full Bar, Lottery, Great German Beers/wine. Off site sales from six packs. to kegs. Full service catering, party rooms and much more Family Owned and operated hours can vary seasonally, if in doubt just give us a shout. e-mail Lennez@ropesausage.com check us out at www.ropesausage.com or become a fan on facebook edit
- Frank-N-Steins Pub, East Charles Street, (503) 845-2633.
- Silverton Inn & Suites, 310 N Water St (WILCO HWY NE/OR-214/SILVERTON HWY. Continue to follow OR-214. 4.1 mi Turn RIGHT onto E C ST/OR-214. Continue to follow E C ST. 0.1 mi Turn LEFT onto N WATER ST. 0.2 mi 310 N WATER ST is on the LEFT.), ☎ 503-873-1000, . checkin: 3 pm; checkout: 11 am. edit