| || |
| || |
Revision as of 13:42, 20 August 2011
Mount Pelion (a.k.a. Pelio or Pilio or Pelium; Greek, Modern: Πήλιο, Ancient/Katharevousa: Πήλιον) forms a hook-like peninsula between the Pagasetic Gulf and the Aegean Sea.
The mountains are entirely forested, with beech, oak, maple and chestnut trees. Pelion is a tourist attraction throughout the year: the mountain includes trails and sidewalks for walking within small and large beaches with sand or pebbles. Modern Pelio has twenty-four villages built with traditional Pelian architecture.
Located near the city of Volos, in the region of Thessaly.
- Northeast Pelion, (Agios Ioannis, Horefto, Mouresi, Tsagkarada, Zagora)
- Northwest Pelion, (Afisos, Kato Gatzea, Agios Georgios Nileas, Portaria, Milies, Kala Nera)
- Southeast Pelion, (Platanias, Xynovrissi, Paltsi)
- Southwest Pelion, (Milina, Horto, Argalasti, Trikeri, Agia Kyriaki, Paleo Trikeri)
Potistika beach near Xinovryssi, Pelio
The only way to get around is from Volos Interurban Bus Terminal ("Yperastiko KTEL") (KTEL Volou).
- Kala Nera - Is. Trikeri Cruises, Pelion, . Daily cruises "Pagasitikos Boat Tour" with Dimitris and Panajotis. Right on time at 10.00 a.m Dimitris starts his trip with a restored fishing boat "Frideriki", with max. 25 people on board from Kala Nera
- Walk along the recognized hiking routes.
- Walking Holidays Greece (Walking), ☎ 6948508120, . Discover the unknown corners of the Pelion Peninsula by foot with a licensed enthousiastic guide! Day programs (also for Meteora Monasteries) and week programs.
- Argonautical Park (Water sports), (Afissos), ☎ 24210 20684, . The Argonautical Park is the ideal location to participate in all kinds of water sports like sailing, surfing and diving.
- A trip at the slopes of Mount Pelion with the famous Moutzouris, the little steamtrain. Amazing views guaranteed while travelling through the beautiful nature.
- IFOM Horseriding, (37010 Milies), ☎ 2421041201, . An adventurous way to discover the Pelion nature and its beauties is to go on a tour by horse. The guides of IFOM Milies have spent years riding the back roads and trails by horse and want to take you on an adventurous horseback riding tour to discover the Mountain of the Centaurs from a whole different perspective.
There is a good variety of beaches on Pelio. The west side to the Pagasetic Gulf has smaller sandy beaches with calm waters. Beaches on the east (Aegean) are huge sandy beaches with deep waters and sometimes big waves.
- To Trainaki, Boulevard Kala Nera. Local sweets from Pelion, ceramics, handmade art, post cards, Greek recepies books and that special gift.
- Tissaion (Cafe Bar Snacks), Boulevard (Milina), ☎ 2423065576, . Cafe Bar Tissaion is located at the boulevard of the fishing village Milina and is the perfect setting to relax among green nature and blue sea. Comfortable seats at our outside terrace invite you to find a spot next to the water. The view at the Pagastitic Gulf is one of extreme beauty with mountain scenery and the little islands Trikeri and Prasouda.
- Paris (Taverna), Boulevard (Kala Nera), ☎ 2423022745, . The well known Taverna Paris is situated at the boulevard of the seaside village Kala Nera. Two terraces give you a magnificent view over the beautiful Pagasitic Bay with the mountain scenery of the mainland. The pleasant and informal atmosphere make many locals as well as foreign visitors return time after time. Open from mid-April to October.
- Evohia, Horto, ☎ 2423065248, . Multilateral kitchen based on pure ingredients carefully chosen. Friendly enviroment, nice music. Relax near the river above the sea.
- Mystique, (Agria), . excellent summer choice which gathers many people from Volos. Summer hotspot!
- Cafe Bar Naftilos, Boulevard Kala Nera (right in front of the beach in the seaside village Kala Nera), ☎ 2423022329, . Every day, all year. In the summer they can be at your service with umbrella's and sun beds on the beach. All is being served with passion and a big smile.
- Santikos Mansion, Visitsa, ☎ +30-24230-86765 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +30-24230-86045), . Santikos Mansion is situated in the Centre of the Mainland of Greece at the mountain of Pelion with a dominant view of Visitsa, one of the most picturesque villages in Greece. A panoramic uninterrupted view of Mediterranean sea follows the glittering stone roofs of the village houses.
- Mikros Vorias, Portaria, ☎ +30-24280-99911 (email@example.com), . New built suites located at Portaria traditional greek village.
- Hotel Enalion, Boulevard (37010 Kala Nera), ☎ 2423023285, . Pelion attracts as being a destination for every traveler. ENALION Hotel in Kala Nera is respectfully in harmony with the scenic surroundings and connects traditional hospitality together with luxury. Studios, double rooms, suites, cafe bar, restaurant, pool, only 20 m from the sandy beach with sunbeds and umbrellas.
- Minelksa Resort, Boulevard (37010 Kala Nera), ☎ 2423022990, . Minelska Resort consists of two fully renovated, traditional mansions with in total six exclusive Suites that offer total comfort and privacy.
- PrasinoGalazio, Mouresi (East Pelion), ☎ 6988133660, . Wake up with a smile in one of the 12 beautifully decorated Suites and an endless view at the Aegean Sea!
- Hotel Ikosimo, Odos Miaoulis (37013 Milina), ☎ 2423065217, . In an area where the unlimited blue sea of the Pagasitic Gulf refreshes the eyes and where the grandeur of nature is being expressed at the bright green slopes of the mountainous Pelion peninsula, Hotel Ikosimo seals your stay with precious memories. Self-catering studios and apartments, 40 m from the sea.
- Archontiko Amalia, (37001 Zagora), ☎ 2426022232, . In the picturesque village of Zagora at the Pelion Peninsula you will find Archontiko Amalia, a 4-key accommodation, which consists of two traditional houses of 266 sq.m. at in total 2 acres of land.
- Hotel Iliovolo, (37010 Milies), ☎ 2423086777, . Hotel Iliovolo is a family-runned business and has been built in the traditional Pelioritic architectural style, with distinctive decorations of stone and wood. Rooms with and without fire place.
- Hotel Ilianna, (37011 Portaria), ☎ 2428099489, . At the traditional village Portaria in the outstanding surroundings of Mount Pelion, Hotel Ilianna has been built with lots of passion and personal attention and is set in perfect harmony with the natural environment. Rooms with and without fireplace.
- Guesthouse Faidriades, (37011 Portaria), ☎ 2428099236, . Traditional guesthouse FAIDRIADES is a family-runned business and has a long history of welcoming visitors of Portaria. Recently the guesthouse has been renovated and presents 5 comfortable rooms in absolute harmony with the traditional environment.
- Irida Studios, (Agios Ioannis), . Irida Studios is located 150 m from the beach of Agios Ioannis, at a higher level of the village, and welcomes visitors of Pelion since 1989. The accommodation consists of 8 studios in fresh, bright colours, offering a pleasant stay in a friendly family environment.
- Guesthouse Dimitriou, (Lavkos), ☎ 2423066088, . In the heart of the village Lavkos, at a small distance from the central square, you will find Traditional Guesthouse Dimitriou. The Guesthouse is surrounded by a spacious garden with rich plantation and colourful flowers, and is in perfect harmony with the natural environment. 1 Studio and 1 Apartment for rent.
- Sonia Studios, (Platanidia), ☎ 2428094783, . In one of the most beautiful areas of Greece, at the Pelion Peninsula, you will find Sonia Studios in the traditional fishing village Platanidia at the Pagasitic Bay. The accommodation consists of 2 independent houses with in total 9 comfortable studios and is the perfect destination for a carefree holiday near the sea, in a non-touristic area.
- Seralis Hotel, (37010 Koropi (Kala Nera)), ☎ 2423023132, . Seralis is set on 2000 m2 of land and has a beautiful, well maintained garden, the big center of our accommodation, which is designed in a way for guests to relax and to experience care free moments. Surrounded by palmtrees and sweet smelling flowers you can enjoy a coffee or drink at one of the many terraces with view at the pool, at the sea and at Mount Pelion.
- Hotel 'nicolas', Horto, ☎ 2423065296, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 12:00. In Horto a small village in South pelion in Greece there is the hotel 'nicolas'. The hotel is placed in a quite bay near the sea with nice sea view of Pagasiticos gulf. Surrounded by the beautiful plants that decorate our garden along with the old-age olive trees. (39 11' 15,23,23 13' 05,93)
- Platanofylla Studios & Apartments, Kala Nera Pilion, ☎ 0030243022622, . checkin: 14; checkout: 11. We rent spacious, completely equipped apartments, duplex apartments, rooms to let and studios, all the year around. We offer several categories for all budgets.
- Hotel Taverna Rodia, Kala Nera, ☎ 2423022070, . checkin: 14; checkout: 12. Our Hotel Rodia is situated by the Blue Flag beach of Kala Nera, right next to the sea, at the foot of Mount Pelion, the mountain of the Centaurs, the heroes and the gods ... at the place where tradition and nature meet ...
- Irida House, Kala Nera Pilio, ☎ 00306977182833, . The rental rooms “Irida” are located in the popular coastal resort of Kala Nera in Pelion, 18 km away from Volos, through the coastal road.
- OTG Hotel Guide Pelion, Pelion Greece, . Book and find well selected hotels and apartments at the Mount Pelion.