Mount Gambier is located midway between Adelaide and Melbourne.
- Visitors can get to Mount Gambier by plane from either of these cities, by car or by bus.
Blue Lake, The Blue Lake is located in the crater of a volcanic crater and is the main source of water for the city. During the year the color of the lake changes from an ocean grey color to a bright iridescent blue. The Blue Lake is one of three crater lakes located on the southern edge of the city: the others are Valley Lake and Leg of Mutton Lake.
Wineries, Located a short 50 kilometers north of Mount Gambier is Penola and the Coonawarra wine region. This famous wine producing region is approximately 1 kilometer wide and 17 kilometers long and is home to some of the very best red wines available.
- Wine sampling is free and the cellar door staff are always friendly, well informed and passionate about the wines.
- Clarendon Lodge & Chalets  4 Self-contained Chalets set between 650 walnut trees, picturesque lawns and gardens and only 5 km to Mt Gambier's Blue Lake.
- Old Gaol, 25 Margaret Street, tel: (08) 8723 0032, (toll free:1 800 626 844, email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), . This is an old jail that has been sectioned off into 27 rooms. $20-66.
- Jubilee Motor Inn AUD 55/room  180 Jubilee Highway East, Mount Gambier, South Australia, tel: 08 8725 7444, Fax Number: 08 8723 0355, Email Address: email@example.com.