Mossel Bay is a city in the Western Cape province of South Africa.
Mossel Bay is situated along the Garden Route, connected with the N2and therefore easily reached from Cape Town in the West and George in the East, as well as Oudtshoorn in the North.
You can easily walk around the city centre, but taking a car to some of the outside destinations or restaurants is favourable.
- The lighthouse and Diaz exhibit.
- Take a boat ride to the seal island near the harbour.
- Visit the market at Hartenbos beach.
- Boteliers Kop is a nearby game farm / resort that offers a classy bufet. It's located 6 km North of Klein Brak. Currently they have 2 rhinos on the farm.
- The beaches offer a variety of very good restaurants (mainly fresh fish).
- Bantry House is a very nice establishment, situated above the bay and harbour. All four-star rooms have seaview and from here you will see one of the best sunrises in the world. Breakfast is served and wide range of drinks is available all day. Walking to town and the beach, as well as many restaurants is easy and parking available. Prices start from R300pps.
- Boteliers Kop (see above)
- Lots of camping sites near Hartenbos beach.
Mossel Bay relies on tourism and natural gas extraction and processing.