Morillon- is a small mountain commune in the Haute Savoie department of the French alps. The town consists of about 500 year round residents engaged primarily in agriculture and tourist service business. The town has a 15th century Church that has recently been remodeled, it is also home to a number of small restaurants and a gondola that links it to the Grande Massif ski areas.
- By Road - Driving distance from Calais to Morillon 537 miles (approx 7hrs30)
From Calais, take A26 Motorway towards Reims and Troyes, then Dijon, Mâcon then ‘Autoroute Blanche’ Motorway (A40 Mâcon – Cluses) Exit Cluses Scionzier. Follow signs to Samoens. After the Chatillon pass, follow signs to Morillon. It takes approximately 15 minutes from the motorway exit to Morillon.
- By Rail - Cluses 20km - Shuttle bus to Morillon +33 450 98 07 81 or Taxi +33 450 34 90 90 www.giffre-transports.com - Cost is 27 € daytime/midweek and 35 € nights and w/e (for 1 to 4 people).
- Airports - Geneva 55km - Shuttle bus (about 62€ per pers return children 4-12 half-price)For further information on car parking, transfers, etc : www.gva.ch/en (then select Transportation in menu).
- Taxi - Tel 33 450 34 90 90, Fax 00 334 50 97 14 43 www.giffre-transports.com, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - Cost is c € 71 daytime/midweek and c €100 nights and w/e (for 1 to 2 people) Lyon Saint-Exupery 190 km.
Morillon is quite small and once you have arrived you can easily get around on foot.
- Le Bourg: Around the St Christopher church (16th century) the school and Town Hall, the solid bourgeoise houses have now become commercial premises.
Skiing, both cross country and downhill are the primary winter sports in Morillon.
In the summer they are replaced by hiking, Mountain bicycling, golf and other adventure activities like rock climbing and white water rafting.
The golf Highlights are:
- Golf de Flaine – Les Carroz - Tel : 00 33 4 50 90 80 74 -- 18 holes, length 4063m, par 63 Open 1/7-31/8, weekends only 15/6-30/6 & 1/9-30/9 Green fees (daily) 18 holes 30€, 9 holes 19€ A spectacular mountain course at an altitude of 1900m. Fantastic views over the Alpes.
- Practice de Golf du Lac aux Dames, Samoens - Tel : 00 33 4 50 34 40 28 -- Length 150m. Open 1/7-31/8 Driving range over water + 9 hole putting green.
- Golf des Gets Tel: 00 33 4 50 75 87 63 18 holes, length 5264m, par 70. Open : 15/6-20/10 Green fees (daily) from 29€ to 38€, weekend passes available, Mountain golf course with a superb panoramic view.
- Golf d’Avoriaz, Morzine - Tel: 00 33 4 50 74 17 08 -- 9 holes, length 2923m, par 36. Open: 29/6-15/9 Green fees (daily) 21€ Mountain golf links at the entrance to the resort of Avoriaz. Superb panoramic view.
- Bureau des Guides +33 450 34 43 12  White water,canyoning, rafting, walking, climbing, mountaineering, pot holing, via ferrata.
- Adventures Payraud +33 450 93 63 63  White water, cano-rafting, rafting.
- Ecolorado Rafting +33 450 34 45 26  All water activities
- Espace Montagne +33 5 45 21 84 57  All water activities, climbing, mountaineering, potholing, via ferrata.
- Sixt aventure passion +33 450 34 16 85  Canoing, kayak, airboat, rafting, canyoning, walking, climbing, mountaineering, via ferrata.
- Air Samoens +33 450 34 95 80  Paragliding
- Indiana Parc +33 450 74 01 88 
Being a rather typical small mountain village there are the rather typical shops: a Tabac (newspaper and tobacco shop), a couple of small markets, a bakery, the village butcher R.Roux (sells excellent local meat and pre-prepared foods), and of course sporting goods shops focusing on the primary winter and summer activities of the region.
There is a lively market on Friday mornings in Morillon with local produce at very good prices.
With in Morillon and its environs lay a number of very good a well priced restaurants, almost all of them specializing in local dishes or Pizza. Among the best are: Le Potet in Verchaix, Le Tourne Piere.
- Bar Le Parisian - this bar is centrally located across from the church, it is a full service bar run by the Wife of the Current Mayor (2006)
- Le Puzze - Located just across from the telecabin this bar is popular with English tourists and serves a limited lunch and dinner menu.
- Le Tomawack - This is a Discotech located next to the river and is frequented by locals and tourists alike in the area prime operating hours are 12-5am on Friday and Saturday nights.
The primary source of accommodation in Morillon are rental chalets and apartments many of which can be booked on the internet. There is one hotel centrally located in town the Hotel Le Morillon  that rooms can be reserved through, in typical French fashion food will be included as part of the price unless other wise specified.
There are many easy local day trips from Morillon: by car Chamonix, Les Gets, and Sixt with its pristine Cirque Du Fer-a-Cheval national park and Cascade Du Roget are all easily reachable. Nearer to Morillon is the larger village of Samoëns.