Mooresville, North Carolina is located 20 minutes north of downtown Charlotte, and is also known as "Race City, USA." Mooresville is home to a multitude of NASCAR race shops, as well as home to some of NASCAR's elite drivers.
- Lazy 5 Ranch, 15100 Mooresville Rd, ☎ 704-663-5100, . M-Sa 9AM-1 hour before sunset, Su 1PM-1 hour before sunset. A drive through animal park covering 3.5 mile to see 750 animals from all over the world. You can drive in your own car or even better or on a horse drawn open-air wagons. Be sure to bring your cameras! $8.50, Children/Seniors $5.50, Feed for $3.00 per bucket.
- Visit race shops. Shops to visit include Dale Earnhardt Incorporated (DEI) on Coddle Creek Hwy. (aka. Dale Earnhardt Hwy.), Robert Yates Racing, Penske Racing, and Roush Racing. Nearby towns are the location of the race shops of Evernham Motorsports, Richard Childress Racing, and Hendrick Motorsports. At each shop, visitors have the opportunity to view displays, videos, and actual race cars, while also being able to browse through the gift shop.
- Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville, 120 Consumer Square Drive, +1 704 663-6100, Fax: +1 704 663-6138, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 130 Norman Station Blvd, +1 704 662-6900, .
- SpringHill Suites Charlotte Mooresville, 121 Gateway Blvd., +1 704 658-0053, Fax: +1 704 658-2317, .
|Routes through Mooresville