Modesto is in California's San Joaquin Valley.
- Amtrak, 1700 Held Drive, ☎ +1 800 872-7245, . Modesto is serviced several times a day by the San Joaquin line.
- Greyhound, 1001 9th St. Ste. C, ☎ +1 209-526-4314, . Station hours M-Su 9AM-1PM, 2:30PM-9PM.
- Modesto Nuts. When in Modesto during the summer time, the local minor league baseball team plays at beautiful John Thurman Field. Once called the Modesto A's (a minor league affiliate of the Oakland Athletics), the team is now called the Modesto Nuts and are just as exciting as when Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco and Miguel Tejada played for them. Check out the official Modesto Nuts website for schedules, rosters, and upcoming events.
Be sure to check out ModestoView.com to get the current listing of things going on in and around Modesto.
ModestoView.comis a great resource for choosing a dining establishment. Independent reviews of all locally owned restaurants.
- The Velvet Grill and Creamery has one of the best breakfast specials Modesto has to offer. Their specialty is their French toast, which is made from fresh baked bread that is deep fried and served with a homemade cinnamon butter.
- The Old Mill restaurant and grill on 9th Streetis local favorite for breakfast. Biscuits and gravy...YUM!!!!
- El Rosal - Mexican Food. Voted the best Mexican burrito in the Modesto Bee several years running.
- Fat Cat Music House and Lounge  - Thirties-era show house, live entertainment, Friday and Saturday night stand up comedy. Doors open at 6PM with live Jazz from 6PM-8PM, comedy begins at 8PM.
- Best Western Town House Lodge, 909 16th Street, ☎ +1 209 524-7261 (fax: +1 209 579-9546), .
- Courtyard Modesto, 1720 Sisk Road, ☎ +1 209 577-3825 (fax: +1 209 577-1717), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 4100 Salida Blvd, ☎ +1 209 543-9000, .
- Motel 6, 1920 West Orangeburg Avenue, ☎ +1 209 522-7271 (fax: +1 209 578-0188), .
- SpringHill Suites Modesto, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave, ☎ +1 209 526-2157 (fax: +1 209 526-2155), .