Modesto is in California's San Joaquin Valley.
- Modesto Nuts. When in Modesto during the summer time, the local minor league baseball team plays at beautiful John Thurman Field. Once called the Modesto A's (a minor league affiliate of the Oakland Athletics), the team is now called the Modesto Nuts and are just as exciting as when Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco and Miguel Tejada played for them. Check out the official Modesto Nuts website for schedules, rosters, and upcoming events.
The Velvet Grill and Creamery has one of the best breakfast specials Modesto has to offer. Their specialty is their french toast, which is made from fresh baked bread that is deep fried and served with a homemade cinnamon butter.
If you love mexican food then El Rosal is a must. Voted the best mexican burrito in the Modesto Bee several years running, El Rosal is the place to feed your need.
- Microtel Inn & Suites Tracy, 861 West Clover Road, Tracy, Ca Tel: (209) 229-1201, FAX: (209) 229-1202, .
- Best Western Town House Lodge, 909 16th Street, +1 209 524-7261, Fax: +1 209 579-9546, .
- Courtyard Modesto, 1720 Sisk Road, +1 209 577-3825, Fax: +1 209 577-1717, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 4100 Salida Blvd, +1 209 543-9000, .
- Motel 6, 1920 West Orangeburg Avenue, +1 209 522-7271, Fax: +1 209 578-0188, .
- SpringHill Suites Modesto, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave, +1 209 526-2157, Fax: +1 209 526-2155, .