Missouri  is a state in the American Midwest and it is known as the "Show Me State". The name may be pronounced "missouri" or "missouruh", although the latter is very seldom used or heard outside of Missouri.
According to William Least Heat Moon, in Blue Highways, St. Louis is the last Eastern city and Kansas City is the first Western city.
Missouri is known as the "Show Me State". What that means is a person from Missouri will not believe unless they are shown. The slogan is not an official one, but it does appear on the license plates. It is an endearing statement that people from Missouri say, "I'm from Missouri, you have to Show Me!".
Numerous interstates and highways cross the state.
- Interstate 70 connects St. Louis and Kansas City via Columbia.
- Interstate 55 runs from St. Louis along the Mississippi River south towards Memphis.
- Interstate 44 runs from St. Louis to Springfield, Joplin, and on into Oklahoma. Most of the route parallels Historic Route 66.
- Interstate 35 runs from Kansas City to the northeast towards Des Moines and to the southwest towards the Kansas suburbs of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area and later on into Wichita, Kansas.
- Interstate 29 runs from Kansas City to the northwest towards Omaha/Council Bluffs. The route begins in Downtown Kansas City and parallels US Highway 71 to the north.
- US Highway 71 runs north-along the western part of the state from Iowa to Arkansas, and connects Kansas City and Joplin.
- US Highway 60 runs along the southern portion of the state running from Kentucky to Oklahoma. Between Cape Girardeau and Springfield, all but 60 miles is divided highway. West of Springfield, a short connector route (Missouri Highway 360) connects the road with Interstate 44.
Missouri Map features a detailed scrollable road map which be viewed and printed in sections.
Amor de Brazil Fiery Steakhouse www.amordebrazil.com - Brazilian Steakhouse - 11920 Metcalf Ave (&119th) (913)312-0543. Amor de Brazil offers a fine dining experience with the highest quality in its selection of 15 cuts of grilled meats with seasonings and marinades that represent a tradition of great flavors. Enjoy their salad extravaganza with as many as 50 different items.
Dmoz:North America/United States/Missouri/