Milpitas (2000 population 62,698) is in the South Bay region of the Bay Area of California.
San Jose International Airport, Oakland International Airport, or San Francisco International Airport
Alviso Adobe on the intersection of Piedmont Road and Calaveras Road. Not open to the public at this time, and stuck behind fences in a new neighborhood. It is rather hard to find.
- Hike to Monument Peak at Ed R. Levin County Park.
- The Great Mall of the Bay Area. An enormous factory outlet mall that features over 200 shops. Once a Ford factory, now a mall, the center pay homage to its past. You can count on crowds and lots of bargains.
- Brandon's Restaurant, 1800 Barber Ln., (408) 570-5470. http://www.beverlyheritage.com/brandons The award-winning Mediterranean and American cuisine features organic produce, free-farmed beef, game, and poultry, as well as fresh seafood daily. Menu highlights range from great steaks to imaginative salads, duck, and lettuce wraps. The wine list features the best California wines, from nearby Napa and Sonoma.
- Marie Callendar's, 333 S Abbott Ave., (408) 263-7437.
- Maruichi Ramen in the "Ranch 99" shopping center, off of Barber Road, serves excellent Japanese noodle soup. They are known for their "Kuro Ramen" which has a deep browned garlic flavor. You can choose between the thin and chewy ramen noodles or the thicker udon type noodles. This is a branch of the original shop in Mountain View.
- Dar Da, also in the "Ranch 99" shopping center, serves Chinese-Muslim as well as Northern Chinese specialities. In addition to food cooked according to Muslim dietary requirements (halal), there are various seafood and non-halal options as well. Excellent choices include the thick stir-fried noodles ("knife cut noodles"), sizzling rice soup, as well as various beef and chicken dishes.
- Pho Nam, 41 Serra Way, (408) 956-9627 serves some of the best Vietnamese "Pho" (beef soup noodles) in the Milpitas area. The beef broth is clear and has a delicate flavor. There are many variations of the standard "Pho" as well as vermicelli bowls, rice plates, and drinks.
- Taqueria Las Vegas, 1417 N Milpitas Blvd, (408) 262-2415 is the best choice for Mexican food in town.
- Sheraton, 1801 Barber Lane, ☎ (408) 943-0600.
- Best Western Brookside Inn, 400 Valley Way, (408) 263-5566, Toll-free: (800) 995-8834, Fax: (408) 262-6866, .
- The Beverly Heritage Hotel, 1820 Barber Lane, (408) 943-9080, . Just outside San Jose, but adjacent to many of the major corporations in the area. Great business hotel -- free wireless throughout the hotel. Excellent Premier suites with luxury amenities. Complimentary shuttle to and from airport, shopping mall, and local businesses. Lots of meeting space and great on-site restaurant that is more of a local place than a hotel restaurant.
- Embassy Suites Milpitas Hotel, 901 E Calaveras Boulevard, (408) 942-0400, .
- Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, 1480 Falcon Drive, (408) 719-1966, Toll-free: (800) 828-6917, Fax: (408) 719-1962, .
- Crowne Plaza San Jose Silicon Valley, 777 Bellew Dr., (408) 321-9500, .
- Residence Inn Milpitas Silicon Valley, 1501 California Circle, (408) 941-9222, Fax: (408) 941-0800, .
- Days Inn Merced, 270 S. Abbott Ave, ☎ 408-946-8889, .
- Staybridge Suites, 321 Cypress Drive, (408) 383-9500, .
- TownePlace Suites Milpitas Silicon Valley, 1428 Falcon Drive, (408) 719-1959, Fax: (408) 719-1952, .
- Homestead Studio Suites, 330 Cypress Dr, (408) 433-9700, Fax: (408) 433-9790, Ideal for Business Travel, temporary housing or weekend getaways. The hotel is designed with the extended-stay travelers in mind. Fully equipped kitchens in every room, wireless internet property-wide, on-site laundry, Fitness Center, Business Center and Guest Pantry open for all of our guests.
- Extended Stay America, 1000 Hillview Ct, (408) 941-9977, Fax: (408) 941-9976, .
- Park Inn Milpitas , (800) 686-1943, Fax: (408) 262-2026, . A reasonably priced hotel located in San Jose/ Bay Area. Great deals on Silicon Valley vacation packages.
Milpitas is next to Fremont, Newark, and San Jose