Milos is a volcanic Greek island in the Aegean Sea, just north of the Sea of Crete. Milos is the southwesternmost island in the Cyclades group.
The island is famous for the Venus de Milo, a statue of Aphrodite, now in the Louvre.
In Milos, obviously there are Greek speakers. There are also many English, French, and Italian speakers. If you're lucky, you may even find a few Spanish or German speakers. In the official 2008 Milos tourist guide, there were versions in Greek, English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
From Athens, there are 2 flights every day, year round that go to Milos, all with Olympic Air .
Several ferries go to and from Milos. Some possibilities:
- Pireaus-Milos-Crete (Anek)
- Pireaus-Kythnos-Serifos-Sifnos-Kimolos-Milos (Ventouris Sea Lines)
- Pireaus-Milos-Folegandros-Sikinos-Ios-Santorini (Lane)
Schedules can be found at  or 
From Tripiti to Adamas w/stops at Plaka and Trivasolos-6:30, 7:50, 9:50, 10:50, 11:50, 13:40, 15:50, 17:50, 19:50
From Adamas to Tripiti w/stops at Trivasolos and Plaka-7:30, 8:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 15:00, 16:30, 18:30, 20:30
From Adamas to Pollonia w/stops at Pachania and Filakopi-6:45, 14:00
From Pollonia to Adamas w/stops at Filakopi and Pachania-7:10, 14:30
From Adamas to Zefyria-6:45, 14:00
From Zefyria to Adamas-7:10, 14:10
- Sarakiniko-Rocky, moon-like surface;probably most visited of the Milos beaches.
- Papafragas-Thin waters;unusual landscape.
- Firopotamos-Occasionally wavy;Rocky surface similar to Sarakiniko on one side of it.
- Papakinou-In Adamas(main port);Clear, shallow waters;Organized beach.
- Lagada-Also in Adamas. Cold, clear waters;Beach is good for resting, as there are many shady trees;Minor activities take place there.
- Hivadolimni-Turquoise, shallow waters;many aquatic activities are offered there.
- Paleochori-Party beach surrounded by colorful volcanic rocks.
- Tsigrado-Sandy beach with caves and shallow, colorful waters.
- Kleftiko-Snorkelers destination;colorful, crystal clear waters.
- Sikia-In a cave;volcanic atmosphere.
- .Provatas-Unspoiled beach with waters similar to Hivadolimni.
- Ayia Kyriaki-Unspoiled beach with clear waters.
- Psaravolada-Has many similarities with Ayia Kyriaki, especially since they are right next to each other.
- Pollonia-Located in the town of Pollonia;similar to Lagada and Papakinou beaches.
- Mitakas-Unspoiled and quiet;crystal clear waters.
- Fatourena-Quiet, undiscovered beach.
- Rivari-Famous beach with breathtaking golden sand.
- Ayios Ioannis-Shallow and unspoiled beach on the West coast of Milos.
- Gerakas-Small but shallow beach near Ayia Kyriaki.
- Agathia-Isolated but colorful beach on the Northwest side of the island.
- Milos Mining Museum, Adamas-Neochori part. Relatively new museum, all about the miners and geology of Milos island.
- Sunset at Plaka, Plaka. Almost anywhere in the village of Plaka, you can find a beautiful sunset, often compared to the beautiful sunsets of Santorini island. Plaka is a very picturesque village so don't miss out on it!
- Tripiti village, Tripiti. Very picturesque. There is an ancient theatre, catacombs, and windmills in Tripiti. Tripiti is also the site of the discovery of Venus de Milo, probably the most famous statue of a Greek god or goddess.
- Sarakiniko beach. Rocky, volcanic beach. Feels like you are on the moon when you are at Sarakiniko. Very picturesque.
- Klima village, Klima (take the steps down the hill from Plaka to the water.). A very colorful seaside village, with similarities to Procida, Italy.
- Sikia cave. get there by boat.
- Go for Around Milos with C/S Delfini Express & Capetan Giangos, Adamas port, . See Kleftiko, Gerakas, Kimolos, places in Milos that aren't accessible by car.
- Go windsurfing, at some of the beaches.
- Horseback riding, on a beach.
- Go on a boat trip, Adamas and/or Pollonia ports. See the places in Milos that aren't accessible by car.
- Excellent Yachting, Adamas & Pollonia, ☎ +306982251638, . Discover the amazing water world of Milos island! Sail with us and feel the magic of Excellent Yachting. Choose from a daily cruise to Kleftiko, Polyaigos etc to more days at sea and have fun with many activities such as safari snorkelling tours, scuba diving, cave exploring, barbeques and more. Contact us now (firstname.lastname@example.org / +30 6982 25 16 38)
In Milos, there are many hotels, rooms, and apartments. In Tripiti, there are windmills, in which you can sleep in.
- Chronis Hotel and Bungalows, Adamas 84801, Milos Island,
Cyclades, Greece prices US$40-80, tel.: 2287022226, 2287021900, 2287023123 fax: 2287022900
e-mail: email@example.com  is situated in an orchard with banana, lemon, bouganvillea and pistachio trees near the town beach; standard are shower-wc, air-condition, tv, mini-bar, direct dial call (ISDN), hair dryer and a balcony or terrace with garden view, breakfast room, lounge, bar, snack-bar, safe box, fax, e-mail, laundry, ironing and parking. Exceptional breakfast spread.
- Portiani Hotel, ☎ +30 22870 22940 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +30 22870 22766), . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 12.00. Hotel Portiani is located in Adamas and it is very close to the island port. Prices from 70€.
In Adamas, Tripiti and Pollonia there are many restaurants with: sea food, fresh fish, Greek cuisine and special local foods (pitarakia, karpouzopita)
- Flisvos, Adamas. Well known by tourists, located across the street from the port of Adamas. The food at Flisvos is delicious but prices are increasing due to the fact that it's well known.
- Giakos, Adamas. Giakos is a famous restaurant in Milos. It is one of the few restaurants in Milos that is open year round. It is famous for its gyros and is often referred to as a fast food restaurant, due to its quick service.
Milos is a very safe island for tourists.
There are many ferries, including hydrofoils as well as flights to Athens that depart from Milos.