Midland is in Simcoe County, Ontario. It is situated on the shores of Georgian Bay, a beautiful area that many people come to who are looking for a vacation by the water. Many tourists are drawn to the area, particularly in the summertime.
Midland, Ontario, also has a rich history dating back to the first settlers in Ontario, who came and lived among the Huron aboriginal people in the 1600's.
Midland is about a 30-minute drive north of Wasaga Beach and about 1.5 hour drive north of Toronto.
Sainte-Marie among the Hurons
- Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, Highway 12 East, (705) 526-7838, . May 19-Oct 7: open every day 10AM-5PM; Apr 30-May 18 and Oct 8-Nov 2: open M-F 10AM-5PM. A recreated 17th century French Jesuit mission headquarters, the site of the first European settlement in Ontario. Leashed pets permitted.
- Martyr's Shrine, the only national shrine outside of Quebec.
- Fred Lenz murals, various locations. Most prominent on silos at the harbor.
- History also comes to life at Discovery Harbor in nearby Penetanguishene, which is the site of an 1812 fort.
A tourist attraction is the Midland 30000 Island cruise that winds through islands, giving tourists some views of nature along the way.
- Wye Marsh Wildlife Center, 16160 Highway 12 East, (705) 526-7809 (Fax: (705) 526-3294), . Year-round interpretive center with trails (including cross-country ski trails). The huge marsh habitat provides cover for many birds, as well as beaver, porcupine, mink and river otter.
- Explorers Cafe, Main St (drive on King St, just passed the theatre). Beautiful restaurant owned by explorers.
For accommodation, Bed and Breakfast Inns are a popular choice. Three popular choices are:
- Little Lake Inn, .
- A Wymbolwood Beach House, . is something closer to the water for an ideal Lakeside Bed and Breakfast experience.
- 1875 A Charters Inn Bed and Breakfast, .
- Super 8 Midland, 1144 Hugel Ave. (Hwy 12 to Hwy 93 north), ☎ 705-526-8288, . checkin: 1500hrs; checkout: 1100hrs. Midlands newest limited service hotel offering a a Superstart breakfast each morning. Indoor sport pool, hot tub and fitness room.The Super 8 Midland is just minutes from Midland and Penetanguishene's major attractions 98.88.
- Town of Penetanguishene  with Discovery Harbour. It is Ontario's most picturesque marine heritage site and takes guests back to the 19th century days of Royal Navy sail on scenic Penetanguishene Bay. Visitors can chat with friendly interpreters aboard the magnificent replica schooners H.M.S.. Tecumseth and H.M.S. Bee. The site also features beautiful boardwalks, the waterside restaurant Captain Roberts' Table and historic grounds. Discovery Harbour is also home to the King's Wharf Theatre.
- Awenda Provincial Park  is one of most beautiful parts of Georgian Bay shore, with sand, cobble and boulder beaches in sheltered Methodist Point Bay. They are signs of a glaciated past. With incredible wildlife, natural wonders and spectacular views of Georgian Bay, Awenda offers visitors a "natural room with a view" - a natural environment paradise!