Midi-Pyrenees (French, Midi-Pyrénées; ) is a large inland region of south-west France.
- Lourdes - centre for the mystical veneration of Mary, mother of Christ, probably the most-visited destination within the region with over 6 million visitors a year
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre - picturesque spa town located mid-way between Lourdes and Tarbes at the foot of the Pyrenees mountains. Popular base for skiers (winter), cyclists and hikers (summer) and other outdoor sport enthusiasts.
- Parc National des Pyrenees - Bosting a huge array of fauna and flora this parc will suit a wide range of visitors from mountain climbers to naturalists.
The main international airport for the region is at Toulouse. There are also airports at Pau, Lourdes/Tarbes, Biarritz and Carcassonne, that are used by Ryanair.
For the fastest access by train, take the TGV from Paris to Toulouse
678 km to Toulouse from Paris, via the A20 and the A62 motorways
- Albi and its famous Toulouse Lautrec museum
- Conques known for its abbey on the ways of Saint James
- Cordes sur Ciel a breathtaking perched village
- Gaillac for its wine tasting
- Cahors and its unique medieval military bridge
- Montauban and its Ingres museum
- Lourdes and its sanctuary
- Saint Bertrand de Comminges the Roman city, the Cathedral
- Bastides medieval towns built during the 13th century