Middletown in a small city located on the Connecticut River, about 20 miles south of Hartford.
Middletown in the home of Wesleyan University. The presence of a major university right in the downtown section gives this small city a funky, college-town feel, and contributes to the success of a surprising number of coffee bars, international restaurants, and arts programs.
Get in/Get out
By car Rt. 9 North or South
Middletown has exactly one attraction, Kidcity Children's Museum. 119 Washington St., 860 347-0495 http://www.kidcitymuseum.com/
- Coyote Blue Tex Mex Cafe, 1960 Saybrook Rd, (860)345-2403. Casual Mexican fare, great Margaritas served in 16oz mugs. No reservations. http://coyoteblue.com/
- Klekolo's Cafe, 181 Court St, (860)343-9444. Very cool little independant coffee shop, up a side street across from the police station. Lots of odd college kids mixed with townies provides an interesting atmosphere. Very good international coffees.
- Eli Cannon's Taproom, 695 Main Street, (860)347-3547. Many beers on tap, good pub food, great atmosphere.
- Harbor Park, 80 Harbor Drive, (860)347-9999. The place to be on a Summer night - on the deck at Harbor Park Restaurant, grooving to live music and watching the river traffic. http://www.harbor-park.com/
- Inn at Middletown , 70 Main Street. After a long absence, Middletown again has a major hotel to call its own, a 100-room inn converted from the historic National Guard Armory. Visitors no longer need to stay in Cromwell when they come in for Wesleyan Parent's Weekend. http://www.innatmiddletown.com/
This article is still a stub and needs your attention. Plunge forward and help it grow!