McComb is a city in the southwest corner of Mississippi. It is located off I-55, 81 miles south of Jackson and 108 miles north of New Orleans. It is also located about 15 miles from the Louisiana State Line.It was chartered in 1872 and was and still is considered the hub of Pike County. It was the home of the Illinois Central Gulf Railroad yards and the largest city in the county. The main line of the Illinois Central (now the Canadian National Railroad) passes thru the city in a direct route from New Orleans to Chicago. McComb has a history of a stable economic base with the railroad shops having had a 70 year association with the area.
-I-55 (Southaven, Grenada, Canton, Jackson, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, McComb)
-Hwy 51(Southaven, Grenada, Canton, Jackson, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, McComb)
-Hwy 570( Smithdale, McComb)
-Hwy 44 ( McComb, Jayess, Columbia)
-Hwy 48 ( Centreville, McComb)
-Hwy 24 ( Woodville, Liberty, McComb)
-U.S 98 ( McComb, Tylertown, Columbia, Hattiesburg)
To get to McComb from Jackson or Memphis, take I-55 South ramp in South Jackson that labels McComb/New Orleans. Pass through small towns such as Byram, Crystal Springs, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, and Summit. When you pass through Summit, you will see 2 interstate signs that will let you know you are in the McComb area. McComb has 3 main exits that will let you off into the city. I-55 Exit 18 (Veterans Blvd /Hwy 570/ North McComb), Exit 17 (Delaware Ave/ Downtown McComb), and Exit 15 ( Presley Blvd/ U.S 98/ Hwy 24 South McComb) Presley Blvd/ U.S 98 to South McComb/ Tylertown and Hwy 24 to Liberty.
The Closest airport near McComb is the Jackson-Evers International Airport in Jackson which is (1 hour/ 22 min) and the New Orleans International Airport in New Orleans which is (1 hour/ 33 min). McComb has a public airport, McComb-Pike County Airport which is located south of McComb.
Greyhound has an active bus depot in McComb. It is located off I-55 at Delaware Ave Exit 17 in the Downtown McComb Area at 320 N. Broadway St. If you want to contact the depot, call (601)-250-1030.
Amtrak, the national passenger rail system, provides service to McComb. Amtrak Train 59, the southbound City of New Orleans, is scheduled to depart McComb at 12:41pm daily with service to Hammond and New Orleans.
Amtrak Train 58, the northbound City of New Orleans, is scheduled to depart McComb at 3:38pm daily with service to Brookhaven, Hazlehurst, Jackson, Yazoo City, Greenwood, Memphis, Newbern-Dyersburg, Fulton, Carbondale, Centralia, Effingham, Mattoon, Champaign-Urbana, Kankakee, Homewood, and Chicago. McComb has a train depot station which is located 114 Northeast Railroad Ave in Downtown McComb.
McComb has alot of parks in the city and sport complexes. Many of the parks include splash pad water excitements. These are the following to see in McComb:
- Percy Quinn State Park
- Quail Hollow Golf Course
- Pike County Little Theater
- Edgewood Mall  is located off I-55 at Veterans Blvd. It is anchored by Belk, JCPenney, Sears, Stage, and Ashley Furniture Homestore. The mall has up to atleast 45 stores along with a food court and a restaurant inside. Next door to the mall is Wal-Mart Supercenter and across the boulevard is Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse. Alot of restaurants, hotels, car dealers, shopping center, movie store, gas stations, churches, and more stores are located by the mall.
- Pike Center Mart is a large shopping center in South McComb on Presley Blvd:Hwy 98. The shopping center has been here since 1966 and is still in good looking shape. The shopping center has over 40 stores. Many restaurants, businesses, and stores are located nearby.
Many other large shopping centers are located in McComb on Delaware Ave with great clothing stores, restaurants, and business stores inside. One of the major ones are Southwest Shopping Center located on Delaware Ave.
- El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant located on 1436 Delaware Ave.(601) 249-0209 Have great mexican food at this restaurant in McComb. You can go and eat all you want on the buffet.
- Golden Corral Steaks Buffet & Bakery located off I-55 at Delaware Ave on 255 Anna Dr Ext. (601)684-8601 It has the best and most great buffet food you would want to eat. It is newely built from it's old location on Delaware Ave and moved by Interstate 55 on Anna Dr.
- China Buffet located 1604 Veterans Blvd. The China Buffet restaurant is part of the Edgewood Mall area located in North McComb,MS. Located off I-55 Exit 18 ( Veterans Blvd) infront of Wal-Mart Supercenter next to Radio Shack across from the shopping center. China Buffet is a wide selection of Asian Cuisine, also with American fares. It has a great and excellent salad bar. The eating area's at this restaurant are very clean and table service is prompt.
- The Dinner Bell Restaurant located on 229 5th Ave. (601) 684-4883 If you are looking for some home southern cooked meal, the Dinner Bell is the place you need to go. It is a restaurant home with 8 round tables and very prompt style. The food is terrific with great Fried Chicken, Corn Bread, Maccaroni & Cheese, Mash Potatoes, Collard Greens, Great Sweet Tea, and Plenty More to come. This restaurant has been in McComb since 1947, and is still the best looking restaurant.
- Ruby Tuesday located on 1803 Pike Point Pl.(601) 684-0983 Ruby Tuesday is located off I-55 at Veterans Blvd on Pike Point Pl by Lowe's and across from Edgewood Mall. It has great food and is a busy restaurant in McComb.
- Broma's Deli located on 1722 Veterans Blvd in the Edgewood Mall. Broma's Deli is a very delighted restaurant to enjoy all kinds of sandwiches, salads, and the best sweet tea. If you are looking for great sweet tea to enjoy and to bring your taste buds up, Broma's Deli is the best place.
- Mr. Whisker's Family Catfish located on Hwy 48 in McComb. This is where you will find some of the best southern catfish. Along with other food serving like all kinds of chicken, french fries, and more food that fits in with catfish.
- Piccadilly Cafeteriais located on 105 Edgewood Dr. [http://www.piccadilly.com (601) 249-0237 is located off I-55 at Veterans Blvd Exit on Edgewood Dr infront of the Edgewood Mall. It is a clean restaurant with great food, clean tables, and nice service.
McComb has over 70 restaurants in the city in all. It has alot of fast food restaurants, and more restaurants you can imagine. Most of the restaurants are located on Delaware Ave off I-55.
- 98 Tavern & Seafood 1055 Hwy 98 East
- Point After 255 E Presley Blvd
- Ice House 515 S Railroad Ave, 601-684-0285
- Comfort Inn located on 107 Scott Dr,(601) 249-0080, . The Comfort Inn in McComb has 56 rooms and has been in McComb a very long time. It has great service and excellent rooms.
- Days Inn located off I-55 at Exit 17 Delaware Ave,601 684-5566,. Days Inn McComb is the largest Days Inn In the central and south Mississippi area. The motel has 115 rooms and a dining restaurant inside of it. Days Inn has great service and spacious rooms to feel comfortable in.
- Best Western Inn & Suites located off I-55 at Exit 17 Delaware Ave on 101 Anna Drive, 601)249-4300, . Bestern Inn & Suites is McComb's newest hotel with 63 rooms. Recently, Best Western use to be in McComb, but was changed to Days Inn Motel in 2001. The city has brought the hotel back and is now making tons of great service and is very clean and relaxable.
- Hawthorn Inn & Suites located off I-55 at Exit 18 on 2001 Veterans Blvd,(601)684-8655, . Hawthorn Inn & Suites came to McComb in 2003. It located west of I-55 and is located on the other side down from the mall. There are 75 rooms in the hotel. It is a great and most relaxable hotel to enjoy staying in. It is lcated next to Arby's, Legacy Ford Lincoln Mercury and McComb's new hotel the Hampton Inn.
- Hampton Inn & Suites located off I-55 at Exit 18 at Veterans Blvd on 109 Manisha Drive, 601)249-4116, . Hampton Inn & Suites is McComb newest hotel which opened in late November 2007. The hotel has atleast 75 rooms.Guests at Hampton Inn and Suites McComb Mississippi hotel will also enjoy a complimentary On the House hot breakfast served daily. Also do not forget to check out our on-site fitness center and outdoor pool. Meeting space is also available for those corporate meetings, family gatherings, baby showers, weddings or any reception for groups up to 75.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites located off I-55 at Exit 18 at Veterans Blvd/ I-55 Frontage Rd/ on 105 Holiday Lane,601-249-0683, . Holiday Inn & Suites is a brand new hotel that's now in McComb located behind Edgewood Mall behind Belk. It is very visable to from I-55. The hotel has 3 floors with 69 spacious rooms. It is just now finished it's build up. Service will be ready in time by August 2008.