Mariposa is in the Sierra Nevada region of California near Yosemite.
Mariposa is located along Highway 140, west of Yosemite National Park and is an inexpensive option for motel lodging when visiting Yosemite.
- From Yosemite, take Highway 140 west out of Yosemite Valley. Mariposa is about an hour's drive away.
- From the west take Highway 140 east out of the California's Central Valley. Highway 140 crosses both Interstate 5 and State Route 99, which are the main north-south routes within the valley.
- Blue Heron sports, 5081 Highway 140, ☎ (209) 742-2300. Nice little outdoor shop for trekking, camping, fishing and outdoor activities. Owner is very friendly and has excellent tips on planning the yosemite trip.
- Comfort Inn, 4994 Bullion St. (from SR140/SR49, take 4th St. 1 block east), +1 209 966-4344, Fax: +1 209 966-4655, .
- Best Western Yosemite Way Station, 4999 State Highway 140, +1 209 966-7545, Toll-free: +1 800 321-5261, Fax: +1 209 966-6353, .
- Yosemite Bed and Breakfast, 6986 Greeley Hill Road Coulterville, CA 95311, ☎ +12098783835, . Your Yosemite accommodation solution. We offer camping, airstreams & a bed and breakfast. Less than 20 miles from the W. entrance to the park.