Marietta  is a city in Cobb County, Georgia, on the outskirts of Metro Atlanta.
Travel north on Interstate 75 from Atlanta.
- Marietta Square, around Church Street (Marietta Parkway can also be used), +1 770 429-1115, . Open all day, every day. Marietta Square is the center of old Marietta, with many shopping and historical attractions including a Gone with the Wind Museum, History Museum, Theater, and a number of shops. There are also a number of events and attractions, including Art In The Park, a yearly art festival showing the local talent. Prices vary depending on attraction.
- The Big Chicken, built at the city's biggest intersection of Cobb Parkway (US 41) and Roswell Road (S. R. 120) - - exact address 12 Cobb Pkwy N, Marietta GA 30062, is a large steel-sided structure of a big red chicken located at a KFC Restaurant. History of the Big Chicken
- The Big Chicken, 12 Cobb Pkwy N (intersection of Cobb Parkway (US 41) and Roswell Road (S. R. 120)). This KFC restaurant at the city's biggest intersection features a giant steel-sided chicken rising from its roof, and has become a well known landmark in the area.
- The Marietta Gone With the Wind Museum , also called "Scarlett On the Square," (located in Marietta Square) houses one of the world's most extensive collections of memorabilia related to both the book and the film.
- The The Kennesaw House, . - located west of the town square, is one of only two buildings in Marietta not burned to the ground in Sherman's March to the Sea.
- Six Flags White Water, 250 Cobb Parkway N #100, ☎ (770) 424-9283, . A large water park offering a variety of water rides, slides and waterfalls, including Tornado, the Ultimate Storm and Cliffhanger, one of the tallest free falls in the world. Adults $36.99. Children under 48 $26.99. Parking $10..
- Meeting Park, . - is a mixed-use development just off the Marietta Square, featuring townhomes, condos, shops, restaurants, and office space.
- Aussie Bakery, located in Marietta Square, offers the usual bakery items as well as meat pies and other Australian cuisine. Open for breakfast and lunch.
- Daabha Indian Cafe, Cumberland Drive (near the Cumberland Mall). Excellent.
- Falafel Cafe, 950 Cobb Parkway, Suite 100 (behind the Dive Shop), +1 770 419-8999. Open Tu-Su 11AM-9PM. Has the world's best rice, and some mighty tasty kebabs.
- The Pub Restaurant, . - overlooks the Marietta Resort's championship golf course. Features a full liquor bar.
Cheerwine, a regional soda from North Carolina, can often be found in and around Marietta.
- Comfort Inn, 2100 Northwest Pkwy. I-75 & Delk Rd, ☎ (770) 952-3000, .
- Quality Inn, 1255 Franklin Road SE, Marietta, GA, US 30067, ☎ 770-955-0004, . A fine Marietta, GA hotel, Quality Inn Atlanta/Marietta hotel boasts quality Atlanta-area accommodations, amenities and services. For a boutique hotel in Marietta, GA offering great hotel discounts and specials in Marietta, Georgia, choose the lodgings at Quality Inn Atlanta/Marietta.
- Best Western Marietta Inn & Suites, 639 Franklin Road SE, ☎ +1 678 355-5050 (fax: +1 678 355-5050), .
- Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North, 2455 Delk Road, ☎ +1 770 956-1188 (fax: +1 770 933-0489), .
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1775 Parkway Place Se, ☎ +1 770 428-4400, .
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 2265 Kingston Ct (formerly Delk Rd), ☎ +1 770 952-7581, .
- Motel 6 Atlanta - Marietta, 2360 Delk Road, ☎ +1 770 952-2395 (fax: +1 770 956-7502), .
- Motel 6 Atlanta Northwest - Marietta, 2360 Delk Road, ☎ +1 770 952-8161 (fax: +1 770 984-2307), .
- Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta NorthWest, 2999 Windy Hill Rd. (off I-75), . Newly renovated.