Mariana is a city in Minas Gerais.
- Cachoeira do Brumado (Brumado Waterfall), (in the district of the same name).
- Casa da Câmara e Cadeia, Praça de Minas Gerais. In colonial times, this building housed offices of public officials, the city council, and the jail.
- Gruta da Nossa Senhora da Lapa (Cave of Our Lady of Lapa), at the end of Rua da Lapa (in a small district a few kilometers north of the main town).
- Rua Direita. The oldest and best-preserved houses of the town line this beautiful street.
- Museu Arquidiocesano de Arte Sacra (Museum of Sacred Art of the Archdiocese), Rua Frei Durão - Centro. Tues-Fri 8:30am-12pm and 1:30pm-5pm. Weekends and holidays 8:30am-2pm. Installed in a colonial building whose construction began in 1770, this is one of Brazil's best sacred art museums, with over two thousand objects, including a golden reliquary considered to be the richest in the state and second in Brazil. The collection includes works in soapstone, porcelain and wood, Portuguese paintings, paintings by Ataíde, and many other objects. R$5.
- Museu da Música de Mariana (Mariana Music Museum). Located inside the old Bishop's Palace (Palácio dos Bispos). Its permanent exhibit includes a hands-on music display, and a collection which contains scores, documents, and other printed material from the 1700s forward.
- Museu do Livro (Book Museum), Cônego Amando nº 161 - Centro, ☎ 31 3557-2778 (email@example.com), . Tues-Sat 8:30am-11:30am and 1:30pm-6pm, Sundays 8:30am-12pm. House many rare books from the 18th century, including a number of volumes related to the Inconfidência Mineira. If you cannot read Portuguese, you might give this one a pass.
- Antigo Seminário.
- Catedral da Sé, Praça da Sé. The city's largest and most important church.
- Igreja Matriz Nossa Senhora da Glória.
- Igreja Nossa Senhora do Carmo, Praça de Minas Gerais.
- Igreja de Nossa Senhora das Mercês, Rua das Mercês - Centro. This church has a rather plain outward appearance but houses some of the most revered artwork in town, a beautiful series of wood carvings decorated in gold, made by an unknown artist. The church is currently undergoing restoration.
- Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Rosário.
- Igreja de Santo Antônio. Oldest church in the city.
- Igreja São Francisco de Assis, Praça de Minas Gerais. Constructed in 1763.
- Igreja de São Pedro dos Clérigos, Rua Antônio Pacheco de Morães. A very attractive church whose construction began in 1752. It was designed by Antônio Ferreira Calheiros, who also designed the Igreja Nossa Senhora do Rosário in Ouro Preto.
- Seminário Maior São José. Beautiful neoclassical design.