Manteca is a city in San Joaquin County in California's San Joaquin Valley.
- Murals, Downtown, ☎ 877-998-2739, . Manteca's murals are designed to give visitors, newcomers and longtime residents alike an insight into the community's culture, history, and economy. The Manteca Mural Society has finished 11 of 30 planned murals. The best place to start an easy walking tour of the murals completed so far is to start in the 200 block of East Yosemite Avenue of the downtown district. Pick up a walking tour guide at the CVB office or download at www.visitmanteca.org Sierra's Crown: The first mural on your tour is part of the newly created Veterans Plaza in front of the Legion Hall in the 200 block of West Yosemite Avenue. Ripon artist Dave Peterson's original transparent watercolor of Half Dome is blended with images of Yosemite Valley and Merced River. The front of the Legion Hall in the 200 block of East Yosemite is a compilation of details such as rainbow arching above the granite cap, as well as trout in the Merced River. The mural is particularly dramatic just after sunset where ground lighting creates the feel of nightfall coming to Yosemite Valley. Crossroads: The mural gracing the Main Street wall of Century Furniture located at Yosemite and Main is Manteca's largest. It covers 4,000 square feet and was created by Dave Gordon. "Crossroads" depicts what Manteca's business district looked like in 1917. That is when the community was incorporated as a city. It offers the same vantage point you would see standing across the street next to the Bank of America parking lot, but 90 years later. Cruising: Arguably the most popular of all murals, people who didn't even grow up in Manteca and experience the cruise down Yosemite Avenue in the 1950s and 1960s find themselves reminiscing about bygone days. It is in the 100 block of North Main Street on the Accent Carpets building and is the largest--and most realistic--of all the murals. Pumpkin Harvest: Across Main Street from the "Cruising" creation is the "Pitching Pumpkins" mural. It pays homage to Manteca's most famous crop--pumpkins. Seventy percent of California's jack-o'-lantern pumpkins are grown in the Manteca countryside. Service Above Self: From the "Pitching Pumpkins" mural, head west through the parking lot. You will reach the "Rotary Mural" and a new mini-plaza. Take a minute to rest on one of the benches and enjoy the water fountain and garden. That way you can appreciate the detail of artist Don Gray's salute to the worldwide service efforts of Rotary International. Golden Gateway to Manteca: The next mural is reached by heading south on Maple Avenue. Stay on the east side of the street when you reach Yosemite Avenue. Look upward to the west and you'll see Ron Pecchenino's "San Francisco" mural Cow-munity Mural: The society's 96 by 12-foot salute to Manteca's dairy industry is on a wall in the 200 block of West Yosemite Avenue facing the Athens Burgers parking lot. Our Bountiful Valley: The salute to the richness of Central Valley farmland can be found on the alley off the 100 block of Sycamore Avenue. Free For All: Manteca's 2006 "Mural In A Weekend" project, painted by volunteer artists with the help of Master Artists Dave Gordon, who also designed the mural, and Pete Evaristo. This mural was sponsored by the Manteca Morning & Noon Kiwanis. "Summer Vision": The children of Manteca painted a mural during "Children's Art In The Park" 2006. "Local Motion": The second children's mural painted during "Children's Art In The Park" 2007. Free.
- Big League Dreams, 1077 Milo Candini Dr, ☎ 209-824-2400, .
- Manteca Golf Course, 305 North Union Rd., ☎ 209-825-2500, .
- Manteca Bowl and Family Fun Center, 1251 E Yosemite Ave, ☎ 209-824-2889.
- BMX Park, ☎ 209-823-8470.
- Sports Heroes Dinner, ☎ 209-823-7229, .
- Women's Connection, ☎ 209-823-7229, .
- Almond Blossom Festival, Ripon, ☎ 209-599-7519, . Last weekend in February
- Tule Fog Fete, Caswell State Memorial Park, ☎ 209-575-6196, . Last Sunday in February
- Best of Manteca, ☎ 209-823-7229, . An annual event honoring the Best of Manteca in over 100 categories.
- Crossroads of California Street Fair, ☎ 209-823-7229, . Held the first weekend in April. The fair includes entertainment, food, and unique vendors from all over Northern California.
- Downtown Manteca Farmers Market, Library Park, ☎ 209-823-7229, . 4:30pm-7:30pm. Every Tuesday night from June through August. The market includes fresh produce, vendors, food, and entertainment. Admission is free.
- Old-Fashioned Fourth of July, ☎ 209-239-8400, . Enjoy pancake breakfast, the parade, vendors, games, and Fireworks!
- Manteca Pumpkin Fair, ☎ 1-800-872-6546, . Manteca is one of the largest pumpkin producing regions in the world. Celebrate the pumpkin in Manteca the first weekend in October. Admission is Free.
- Dell'Osso Farms Corn Maze, . E-mail: email@example.com
- Twilight Christmas Parade, ☎ 209-823-6121, . First Saturday in December Free.
Yosemite National Park, Old Sacramento, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sierra Railroad, San Jose, Lodi Wine Country, The Gold Country
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, 303 East Yosemite Ave., ☎ 209-823-6500.
- Kelly Brothers Brewing Company (Brickyard Oven), 112 E. Yosemite Ave., ☎ 209-825-1727. Wood fired chinese ovens. Pizza, traditional, selections of beer brewed on the prmises.
- Mountain Mike's Pizza, 1120 N. Main St., ☎ 209-823-1166. Eat in or delivery pizza.
- Kelly Brothers Brewing Company (Brickyard Oven), 112 East Yosemite Ave., ☎ 209-825-1727. Selection of beers brewed on site. Pizza and other traditional dishes in a unique atmosphere of a reconverted movie theater.
- La Bodega Mexican Food, 1447 Historical Plaza Way, ☎ 209-239-0032.
- Delicato Vineyards, 12001 S Highway 99, ☎ 209-824-3600, . 9am-5:30pm.
- Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, 1415 E Yosemite Avenue, ☎ +1 209 825-1415 (fax: +1 209 825-4251), .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Yosemite And Commerce, ☎ +1 209 239-5600, .
- Best Western Plaza Inn & Suites, 15688 S. Harlan Road, ☎ +1 209-373-2700 (fax: +1 209-373-2703), .