Manhattan Beach is in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County in , Southern California, USA. With its expensive homes, fancy restaurants, and wealthy residents, Manhattan Beach is like Beverly Hills-by-the-sea.
5 Miles south of LAX. Take Interstate 105 and South on the 405 freeway. Exit Rosecrans or Inglewood Avenue or Artesia and head west.
Metro Green line last stop brings you the Marine Avenue Station.
Local buses have routes throughout Manhattan Beach.
Bicycle, skate, or walk along the Strand, Manhattan Beach's picturesque boardwalk which spans along the Pacific. Multimillion dollar homes, busy sand volleyball courts, and bike paths line the walk.
- Manhattan Beach Pier. Perhaps one of the more picturesque piers in the South Bay Area, second only to Santa Monica Pier in size.
- Manhattan Beach Grand Prix The second oldest Pro-Am cycling race in America. Held during July or August. Circuit runs along Valley and Manhattan Beach Blvd.
- AVP Beach Volleyball Championship Home of legendary beach volleyball tournament. Held in July/August at the Manhattan Beach Pier.
- Farmer's Market Tuesdays, near the Metlox shopping center in Downtown Manhattan Beach. 1PM-4PM.
- The shops and boutiques along Manhattan Avenue, stretching down to the pier provide the best flavor of this upscale community.
Manhattan Beach is known for its numerous breakfast spots. Many people consider breakfast to be the meal that the town does best. But beware, on weekends crowds can be heavy and waits can be long.
- The Kettle Highland Avenue at Manhattan Beach Blvd. A 24hr eatery with lots of local character.
- Local Yolk 3415 Highland Ave in El Porto. A surfers breakfast joint with renowned omelets and diner fare.
- Uncle Bill's Pancake House 1305 Highland Ave. Stop by this diner for great pancakes with an ocean view.
- Oceanview Cafe 229 13th St. Situated on a quiet lane, this place is worth a visit for its charm.
- Petros, 451 Manhattan Beach Blvd. #B110 (In Metlox, downtown). . +1 310-545-4100. Upscale Greek food, named Top New Restaurant in the 2007 Los Angeles Zagat guide.
- Cafe Pierre, 317 Manhattan Beach Blvd. . +1 310-545-5252. This Cal-French bistro has served the local community for over 30 years.
- Talia's, 1148 Manhattan Ave. . +1 310-545-6884. Contemporary Italian food that has served the South Bay for 30 years.
- Hawthorn Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, 1817 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Tel: (310) 546-8942, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 900 N. Sepulveda Blvd., (310) 318-6132, .
- Manhattan Beach Marriott, 1400 Parkview Avenue, (310) 546-7511, Fax: (310) 546-7520, .
- Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, 1700 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Phone: (310) 421-3100, Fax: (310) 545-1327, .
Manhattan Beach Vacation Rentals
- El Segundo - The city's northern neighbor is mostly an industrial town, although visitors are generally surprised to find a sleepy downtown that is home to numerous restaurants and bars.