Malabar is a region in Kerala in India.
The best tree top houses of Southern India are nestled in Wayanad. There is a variety of resorts offering different experiences during your stay. There are also a few hotels and guest houses in Sulthan Bathery and Kalpetta. Advance booking recommended for weekends or public holidays.
- Annapara Home Stay, Vythiri, ☎ +91 94430 23320, . INR4500 Per double bedroom and INR1200 extra for addl bed. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- GreenLeaves Habitat, GreenLeaves Habitat , Opp st Marys College Sulthanbathery Wayanad, ☎ 0944647635, . A lovely homestay with all felicities and committed to the principles of responsible tourism INR 2500.
- Tropical ForRest Homestays, Opp Oriental School of Management, ☎ 989450 23380, . checkin: 12 PM; checkout: 11 AM. Welcome to Tropical ForRest Homestays Wayanad’s finest Home stay at the heart of Lakkidi.Situated at 2700 ft above sea level and spread across 22 acres, Tropical ForRest is a haven for nature lovers. The calm and peaceful surroundings provide the perfect ambience to unwind.The lush greens, the silent valley, the song birds-Tropical ForRest is a place where time stands still.Nestled in tranquility with a magnificent view of the valley, the resort is a picture from a fairy tale. Leave the rest of the world behind and lose yourself in the bounty of nature. At tropical ForRest, you are a step closer to Nirvana. 1500. (11.5138 ° N,76.0202 ° E)
Homestays from Mahindra Homestays:
- Mountain Dew Homestay, . Stay in a secluded Wayanad house among 35 acres of rubber, pepper and coffee plantations. Delightfully eclectic, cosy home with spiral staircase and swing bed
- Hillview Homestay, . Hillview has views of the Western Ghats, plantations of pepper, vanilla, coffee and fruits, plus exotic local curries served on banana leaf
- Glenora Homestay, . Stay in a new, luxury Wayanad “cottage” built on platforms high above the ground. 20 types of fruit tree, many bird species, waterfall treks and Sunrise Valley
- Vismiagiri, . Stay in a plantation home in the gorgeous valley of Korome, Wayanad. Serene, with an earthy feel. Lounge on veranda with a coffee made from homegrown beans
- Coffee Vista, . Stay in a plantation bungalow in a beautiful part of Wayanad, amid 140 acres of coffee bush. Fully furnished rooms with attached modern baths. Homemade cookies.
- Green Gates Hotel (luxury 3 star hotel), T. B. Road, Kalpettea (280 kms. from Bangalore; 140 kms. from Mysore & 72 kms. from Calicut), ☎ +914936202001/2/3/4, . checkin: 1.00 p. m.; checkout: 11.00 a. m.. Wayanad is a hill station in North Kerala, a jewel in God’s own country – Kerala. Nature reigns here & is at its best. Wayanad literally means “the land of paddy fields”. This land is rich in natural wonders, history & tradition. Its vast expanse of greenery, spice scented breeze, mist capped hills, salubrious climate & the hypnotizing beauty dazzle all visitors. Wayanad is a perfect weekend getaway that you will all cherish it forever. Green Gates Hotel is ideally located on a hillock in Kalpetta, the district headquarters of Wayanad. An exquisite 3 star hotel with all the comforts befitting a luxury hotel. All cottages & rooms here are elegantly appointed that leave no room for disappointment. The in-house facilities include among many other things, a games parlor with pool table, table-tennis, carrom, chess, darts.. etc., a state of the art fitness center, an ayurvedic spa, children’s play area, a meticulously maintained garden & a swimming pool. The service at the hotel is exceptional and unobtrusive. 280 kms. from Bangalore. Rs.2,750/-.
Tree Top Houses and Varietal stay resorts
- Pepper Green Resorts (Wayanad Resort), Near Kuruva Island, Palvelicham, Kartikulam Mananthavady, Wayanad, Kerala, ☎ +91 4935 251 110, . 8 eco friendly cottages built in bamboo. An undisturbed hamlet in the lap of nature where the only sounds you hear are the rustling of the leaves in the wind, chirping of the birds, the music of a river in flow, and sometimes, the rhythm of the drums from the tribal villages in the distance.Fringed on either sides by paddy fields and thick forests, Pepper Green Village stretches onto the banks of the Kabini River. Tariff ranges from Rs 3000 to Rs 5000. This resort is featured in Tripadvisor http://www.peppergreenresorts.com.
- == '''Planet green Plantation Resorts''' == (Kalpetta), Manjilam Kolli Road, Chuzhali, Via KSRTC bus Depot, Kalpetta town (3 Kms from Kalpetta bus stand), ☎ 9746728260, . checkin: 12.00; checkout: 11.00 check out. Planet Green Plantation Resorts can confidently claim to be located in the most beautiful location in Wayanad. Located inside a coffee plantation, surrounded by acres of tea estates, the resort provides you unmatched luxury in most pristine surroundings. All the rooms face the majestic Chembra Peak towering 2100 meters above MSL. Emerald hills surround this picturesque resort on all sides. Nestled in a valley of coffee, tea and pepper plantations and a gorgeous mountain stream snaking its serpentine course through the resort property, planet green will provide you an out of the world experience. The resort is built in estate house style on pillars in a sloping hill. There are two blocks consisting of 5 rooms each with separate entry to each room to ensure complete privacy. Two rooms at the top floors of each block are premium rooms and three rooms of each block in the bottom floor are deluxe rooms. Total rooms- 10 Nos Premium Suites – 4 nos Area of 625 sq ft each, Kitchenette, Two balconies, drawing room, bedroom with attached bathrooms, Master bed of 7ft x 7 ft size, children beds 2 nos of 6 ft x 2.5 ft size, picture windows, Clear view of Mount Chembra. Click to get view Deluxe rooms – 6 nos Area of 300 sq ft each, balcony, master bed of 7 ft X 7 Ft in three rooms and 7 ft X 3.5 ft x 2 nos (separate beds) in three rooms, picture windows, Clear view of Mount Chembra, attached bathrooms. Other facilities 1.Doctor on call 2.Tie up with Ayurvedic hospital for providing ayurvedic treatment 3.Hot water 4.Laundry 5.Guided tours 6.Taxi service 7.Plantation visits 8.Arrangements to visit other attractions of Wayanad Activities How to enjoy the stay in the resort Take a River walk- our guide will take you for a one km walk through the mountain stream (except during monsoon months) Take a bath in the stream Coffee plantation morning walks Tea plantation walks Bird watch Star watch Cycling Trekking Dinner/lunch under coffee trees Indoor games like caroms, chess, cards etc
- Eddakal Hermitage, Near eddakal caves (can be reached on the way to eddakal caves), ☎ 4936 221860 & 91 4936 260123 (email@example.com), . 3500 to 4000rs.
- Green Magic Nature Resort 2, Meppadi.
- Vythiri nature resort, Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad, ☎ 4936 255366/ 255367/ 255661/ 255662 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 4500 to 6000 rs.
- PPS Tourist home, Kalpetta, ☎ 91-4936-203732. From Rs 250.
- Haritagiri Ecotel, Kalpetta, ☎ +91-4936-203145 - 48, .
- The Woodlands, Main road, Kalpetta, ☎ +91-4936-202547, .
- Chandragiri Inn, Main road, Kalpetta, ☎ +91-4936-203049, .
- Raincountry Resorts, Lakkidi, ☎ 9447004369 / 9447245288 / 09287576617.
- Affas Tourist home, Main road, Kalpetta, ☎ +91-4936-205185.
- The Resort, Sulthan Bathery, ☎ +91-4936-220512.
- Dwaraka Tourist Home, Sulthan Bathery, ☎ +91-4936-220358.
- M.G.T International, Main road, Kalpetta, ☎ +91-4936-202705.
- Hiliya Resort, Kenichira, ☎ +914936211575, .
- Orchard Holiday Resort, Lakkidi, Vythiri, Wayanad (60 Kms East Of Calicut), ☎ +91 97464 58955, . checkin: 12 Noon; checkout: 11 AM. Orchard Holiday Resort at Lakkidi,Wayanad, atop the Western Ghats in God's Own Country, nestled in a misty green valley between three hills sorrounded by virgin forest & where the legendary Kabani orginates as rivulet and streams its way through, beckons you to a mesmerising holiday in a farm resort. Rs.3000/ +. (11.3N,76.01E)
- kochuparambil homestay, .
- Wyndale Holidays, Chundale (a short drive from NH212), . If you are visiting as a group of 4 to 10 people, Wyndale is an excellent place to stay which is surrounded by coffee plantation and you get a full house(ancient Kerala style rennovated) with three bedrooms. Will work out cheaper also for a group.