Magnetawan is a historical village in Canada. It is on the Trans Canada Trail, in the middle of a 78-km stretch.
- Birds and other wildlife can be observed year-round. If you ar a birder, keep the bird book and binoculars handy.
- During autumn the area becomes a blaze of colour as the leaves fall.
- The scenic drive in has abandoned homesteads, cemeteries that are a century old and ghost towns one can explore.
- Boating and swimming are possible in the numerous lakes and rivers in the area.
- Fish for bass, pickerel, pike and trout.
- Driving, hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking are all possible on the quiet country roads in the area.
If you want a fantastic, cheap, friendly meal, visit the Magnetawan Inn... Right in the center of town. Ask for Susan... have some ice cream and simply relax.