Magelang is a city in Central Java.
- The Diponegoro museum (featuring Prince Diponegoro, a national hero)
- Taman (Park) Kyai Langgeng, a educational-cum-recreational park which features rare plants, dinosaur statues, airplane prototypes. It provides a playground with some facilities. Rafting can be organised (when the nearby Progo River has a large stream).
Getuk - a sweet delicacy made from cassava and sugar, coloured, steamed and served with grated coconut. The most famous brand is "getuk trio" - so named because it consists of three layers with different colours for each: plain (yellow), pink and chocolate (brown). This is Magelang's signature dish.
- Rumah Boedi Private Residences Borobudur, Tingal Wetan, Wanurejo, Borobudur, ☎ +62-274-559498, . Located in the heart of Wanurejo Village, a rainforest near the Borobudur Temple in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia. By car, the property is 43 km from Tugu Train Station, 45 km from Adisucipto International Airport, and 105 km from Adi Sumarmo International Airport. All rooms equipped with Air-conditioning, LCD/plasma/ flat-screen TV, Private entrance, Private toilet and bath. Some of its facilities and services are Garden, Restaurant, Bicycle and car rentals. Magelang is the closest major town to Borobudur Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Indonesia’s most-visited tourist attraction. Other remarkable places worth seeing in the city include: Museum Pangeran Diponegoro, Abu Bakrin football stadium and Mount Tidar. Rates Start from 95.00 USD.
- the Borobudur temple (12 km away)
- Yogyakarta, a Javanese cultural capital