| || |
* Pop up the road and see the Mighty Blackpool FC
* Pop up the road and see the Mighty
| || |
Revision as of 19:23, 6 December 2012
Lytham is a seaside town in Lancashire, UK. Lytham is one of the 3 town's that make up Lytham St. Annes (Lytham, Ansdell and St. Annes). It is a fairly affluent area, having being and still is a place that wealthy people retired to after generating wealthy in a city.
- Trains from Preston (Blackpool South Line)
- Air - Blackpool International Airport 4 miles
- Road - M55 then follow signs for Lytham St Annes
Walking is the best way to get around, Lytham is only small!
Bus service, the numbers 2, 7 & 11 travel through Lytham.
- Lytham Green - a mile long stretch of grass between the beach and the town.
- Windmill & RNLI museum located on lytham green.
- Heritage Centre - located on Henry Street, the heritage centre is where you will find all the information on lytham's history. Regular exhibitions are held by local artists, painters, craft, etc.
- Lowther Gardens - medium-sized park with tennish courts and bowling green.
Take a stroll around the picturesque Fairhaven Lake. Enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat in the accommodating cafe. There is a RSPB exhibition located here which is free entry. On a sunny day the grassy banks are an ideal place to enjoy a picnic, with great views over the Ribble estuary to Southport.
- Postcards - lytham is a nice town. Winner of Fylde in Bloom.
Lytham is spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants.
- Portofinos, Henry St. An Italian style restaurant that is very popular.
- Cafe Neon Greek restaurant located on the corner of Clifton Street and Station Road.
- Nadine's cafe A small cafe offering luxurious cakes and snacks - great for tea and cake on an afternoon. Try the pavlova.
- Cafe Grand @ The Grand Hotel. New contemporary restaurant, 
- Danny's Armenian Kebab House.
- The Chicory. Pricy but yummy.
- Seasons Chinese Takeaway.
- THe Red fort Good quality indian restaurant - twinned with The Moghul in St. Anne's.
- Lytham Kitchen, Clifton Street, opposite the war memorial. A licensed cafe/diner with some of the best home made burgers around.
- The Taps, . Always lively. Excellent choice of real ale. CAMRA's Lancashire Pub of the Year 2005
- Zest, . Continental style bar. Relaxing and classy.
- The Queens Hotel A very popular and lively pub among young locals Thu-Sat.
- Flambe, Henry Street. Another stylish cocktail / wine bar serving a vast array of cocktails.
- The Station Tavern Pub situated next to Lytham train station, serves some good real ales and is popular as it is the only pub to stay open 'till 12 every day!
- Pizza Express, Clifton Street. Right in the centre of Lytham.
- The Grand Hotel, . Boutique hotel with spa. Views over the Irish Sea and very close to Royal Lytham Golf Club. ****
- 'Clifton Arms Hotel', .
- 'The St Ives Hotel', .
- 'Premier Travel Inn'. The County.
- Best Western Glendower Hotel, ☎ 01253 723241, . Beautiful period hotel with en-suite rooms and magnificant sea-views
- Mode Hotel and B&B, ☎ 01253 713535, . Boutique hotel and B&B in Lytham St Annes.
- Mode Hotel, . Stylish, boutique hotel in St Annes, surrounded by 4 championship courses
- Best Western Glendower Hotel, . Magnificent period building with stylish, modern interior, en-suite and seaview rooms
- Pop up the road and see the Mighty Preston North End FC
Try and avoid Blackpool FC