This article is a travel topic
Luggage delivery services provide a door-to-door luggage delivery service, where your luggage or sports equipment is picked-up from your home, office or any physical address and delivered to your hotel, resort or any other physical address.
Luggage allowances are decreasing and excess luggage fees increasing. Some travellers cannot physically manage their luggage, in particular some senior travellers and travellers with disabilities.
The advantages of luggage delivery services are:
- You can travel with just your hand luggage
- Reduce the queues at check-in. Travelling with hand luggage only means you can check-in at the hand-luggage only counter and avoid the prolonged luggage check-in queues.
- If you check-in online, it means you can bypass the traditional check-in desk altogether, also meaning that you can arrive at the airport closer to the departure time of your flight.
- Avoid the wait at the baggage carousel at your destination airport.
- Eliminate incidents of airline lost, delayed or damaged luggage
- Can ship surfboards and other oddly-shaped items that airlines may not accept as checked luggage.
But there are disadvantages too:
- Luggage delivery costs money, while checked bags are either free or nearly so. A suitcase for a US transcontinental return flight (say, NY to LA) will cost at least $120, while a 20 kg (44 lb) pound bag return from US to Asia could set you back over $1000, plus pick up fees, fuel surcharges, etc.
- Luggage delivery is slow. Typical delivery time is 5 business days, or even more for international flights. Express services are available, but they can easily double or triple the cost.
- Luggage delivery as international unaccompanied baggage may cause Customs hassles and charges. Unaccompanied baggage is not subject to the usual duty-free exemptions that apply to accompanied baggage.
Initially these disadvantages where correct but now that Airlines have started to chrage for baggage to be carried by them they no longer apply.
I conceived and developed this luggage delivery service to have a high volume and low cost and that is still the aim of my Company Direct Baggage. We can send luggage within the UK for a similar price to what the Airline will charge. We also send luggage to the USA and most of Europe on a next day service.
Our prices are for a priority service whereas other is for economy, we rarely have customs hassles. So most of the disadvantages have never applied to us and we have the fastest and simplest website to use