Ludlow is in Southern Vermont and great place to visit any time of the year. Ludlow is a small village surrounded by wooded hills. Ludlow is a small town located at the base of the popular Okemo Mountain. There is plenty to do all seasons of the year.
The best way to get in to Ludlow is by car.
The best way to get around in Ludlow is by car. However, in the heart of Ludlow, there are about 5 blocks of shops and restaurants on Main Street that are a great walk when the weather is nice. In winter, snowmobiles and ski lifts are useful modes of transportation.
- Weston Playhouse Theatre Company, 703 Main Street Weston, VT, ☎ (802) 824-8167. Nonprofit regional theatre dedicated to original, unique monthly shows. Call for reservations/show times.
- Zucchini Festival, . Check website for annual date/time. Ludlow, VT has a unique annual event: the Zucchini Festival! Enjoy everything made out of zucchini. Zucchini bread, latkes, pies and candy! Art is sold and exhibited by Vermont's talented artists. Food and drinks are available and don't miss out on zucchini carving and Vermont's largest zucchini!
- Llamas at local shops/restaurants, (Throughout town). It was a Ludlow tradition to originally and decoratively paint life-size llamas as a fundraiser. Local shops bought the llamas and their money was donated to local foundations. You can see colorful, different llamas displayed outside of Ludlow's shops on Main Street.
- Okemo Mountain Resort, +1 802 228-4041, E-mail: email@example.com, . Skiing, cross country, boarding, snowshoeing, hiking, mountain biking.
- Just north of the village are a number of Lakes for fishing, swimming and boating.
- Buttermilk Falls, (off Route 103). On the side of the road off Route 103, after walking through a short walk in the woods, you will come to a beautiful swimming hole and waterfall. This local favorite is protected by the Vermont River Conservancy. There are rocks up to 10 feet high that risk-takers jump off of into the chilly waters below. There is one large waterfall and a wading, rocky pool of fresh water at the bottom. A local secret.
- Echo Lake. Echo Lake and Park offers boat rentals, beach, swimming, picnic, private island, playground, hundreds of acres of fields and grass.
There are many shops that have a large variety of Vermont made goods and souvenirs. Vermont is known for its maple syrup and nature and animal oriented original art pieces.
- Blue Sky, . Vermont specials; sweatshirts, maple syrup, hand-made jewelry, local jewelry, local art, postcards, other souvenoirs.
- Green Mountain Sugar House, . Warm up after a long day of skiing at the Sugar house and order coffee, tea, Maple Creemees or beer. Gift shop is located on the beautiful Lake Pauline with local Vermont gifts such as maple syrup, maple candies and Vermont cheeses.
Local restaurants and pubs offer many choices in food and drink and entertainment.
- Pot Belly Pub: This small pub combines unique seating arrangements; booths, barseats, long tables, round tables; in sectioned rooms and also offers outside and upstairs seating. Known for its appetizers and "pot belly burgers".
- Sam's Steakhouse: 10-foot-long salad bar with over 20 toppings along with a fresh bread bar. Crab cakes, chicken & early bird specials! 91 Route 103 S
Ludlow, VT 05149-9777
- The Hatchery: A small breakfast nook located at the bottom of the mountain. Offers pancakes the size of plates and any breakfast fix-in you could imagine. Open for breakfast and lunch... For lunch, grab a quick bite before exploring Ludlow. Paninis, sandwiches, soups and omelettes, coffee and smoothies. Everything is homemade food written on chalkboards on the wall. A popular local spot. (802) 228-2311
- Java Baba's: Slow cooked food "deli", offering smoothies, coffee and breakfast food. Located in the shopping center at the bottom of the hill. Abundant booths, tables and festive decorations to eat your food "here", or take it "to go".
- Sweet Surrender Bakery, 44 Pond Street, ☎ (802) 228-8986. Family-owned bakery and coffee shop in the heart of Ludlow. Homemade muffins, pastries and doughnuts. Coffee, tea and cold drink selections. Upstairs and downstairs.
- Cafe at De Light, 145 Main Street (Uniquely named, this restaurant is at the only stop light in Ludlow!), ☎ (802) 228-2150. Known for it's breakfast, sandwiches and friendly atmosphere. Town's favorite breakfast spot. Warm, cozy and friendly.
- Wicked Good Pizza, 117 Main Street Ludlow, VT, ☎ (802) 228-4131, . Colorfully decorated and themed. During warm weather, there are picnic tables outside you can eat on that view the entire town.
- Echo Lake Inn. Bed and breakfast http://www.echolakeinn.com/
- Best Western Ludlow, 93 Main Street, +1 802-228-8188, .
- Trojan Horse Lodge, 44 Andover St., Phone: +1 800-547-7475, .
- Slopeside Okemo Condominium Rentals, Rt. 103, Phone: +1 802 228-8999 . They specialize in condos on Okemo Mountain, and all of them are slopeside!
- Inn at Water's Edge, 45 Kingdom Road, Phone: +1 802 228-8143, . 11 guest rooms.
- The Point at Castle Hill Resort & Spa, 2940 Route 103, Phone: +1 800-438-7908, .
- Okemo Mountain Vacation Center, . Quick find for available rentals on Okemo Mountain.