| || |
|−|* [[Bentheim (county)|Bentheim]] |+|
|−|* [[Brunswick (county, Germany)|Brunswick]] (Braunschweig) |+|
Eastern Frisia]] |+|
|−|* [[Emsland]] |+|
|−|* [[Hanover]] |+|
|−|* [[Lueneburg Heath]] |+|
Middle Weser]] |+|
Oldenburger Münsterland]] |+|
Osnabrück ( county)| Osnabrück]] - home to lake Dümmer |+|
|−|* [[Schaumburg (county)|Schaumburg]] - home of magnificent castles |+|
|−|* [[Weser Hills and Solling]] |+|
| || |
Revision as of 12:55, 11 August 2010
Lower Saxony  (German: Niedersachsen [ˈniːdərˌzaksən]) is a federal state (Bundesland, plural Bundesländer) in northwestern Germany. It is the second largest state by area (47,618 km²) and fourth largest by population (nearly eight million) among the country's sixteen states.
- Nienburg A nice town in the middle of Lower Saxony, very nice Christmas market in one weekend in December.
There are 12 nature parks in Lower Saxony:
- Nature park Lüneburger Heide (conservation area)
- Nature park Münden
- Nature park Harz
- Nature park Nördlicher Teutoburger Wald- Wiehengebierge
- Nature park Solling Vogler
- Nature park Südheide
- Nature park Weserbergland Schaumburg-Hameln
- Nature park Elbufer- Drawehn
- Nature park Dümmer
- Nature park Elm-Lappwald
- Nature park Wildeshauser Geest
- Nature park Steinhuder Meer
There is a special ticket called the "Niedersachsen Ticket"  which offers unlimited travel by regional trains inside Lower Saxony area, up to Bremen and Hamburg in one day. This ticket is not valid in high speed trains (D, EC, IC, ICE) so make sure you board the right trains (RE, RB, S-Bahn, Metronom) when using this ticket. It is valid from 9am to 3am the following day during weekdays and the whole day on weekends. There are two types of tickets, the group ticket (up to 5 people, €28) and the single ticket (€20). These tickets are also valid inside public transport network in some of the cities (Hanover, Hamburg, Bremen, Brunswick).
- Waidmanns Ruh, Wensebrock 1, Brockel (On road 71 between Brockel and Soltau), ☎ 04266 2250 (email@example.com). Su: 8am-2pm. Great local dishes with game and lamb €12 for mains.