Lovina Beach is a narrow strech of black volcano sand on the north shore of Bali. Virtually empty most of the year, Lovina, like most of Bali, fills up with wintering Austrailians in August. The rest of the year it is a nice break from the bustle of Kuta.
- Kalibukbuk — The largest and most developed part of the beach is only two streets of hotels, restaurants, and dive shops running down to the beach.
Perama offers transportation all around Bali to all mayor tourist destinations. They use small mini buses without air conditioning and the prices are reasonable. Prices and timetables can be found on there website.
Bemo’s are the public transport buses. They are extremely cheap, however you need have some patience and Bemo’s can be crowded. They are a challenge for the experienced traveler.
The most easy way to visit the surroundings of Lovina is by renting a scooter. The roads are pretty good and are not as crowded as the rest of Bali. You can rent them by just asking the boys on the street.
Your guesthouse can (and will offer repeatedly to) arrange day tours to the neaby sights including waterfalls, hot springs, and temples.
- Air Panjar Hot Springs — Located west of Lovina, Air Panjar is an enchanting hot springs with stone carved mouths gushing water among a lush garden setting. A nominal entrace fee is charged.
- Expect to be offered dolphin sighting trips every other minute. These trips leave each morning and have very mixed reviews as the boats tend to outnumber the dolphins, but it can still be an enjoyable ride. Prices are fixed by a dolphin cartel, they are around 50.000 (4 euro)
- Snorkeling and scuba diving trips leave from Kalibukbuk for Deer Island and other north shore dive spots. There are several dive operators based out of Lovina that operate daily dive trips to Menjanan Island, Tulamben and Amed, as well as night dives from the local shore. Spice Divers  are based out of Lovina and offer day trips to all of the dive spots on the northern shore. Guides are available in a variety of languages and multi-day discounts are available.
- Spa — as you might expect, Lovina is lucky to have several spa facilities. While a little more low key than the spas to the south, the service is excellent and the prices, being much less than the opulent spas in the south, are an excellent value and well worth it.
- Agung's Spa  — offers body scrubs, facials, massage, etc. It is also the nicest spa facility in Lovina, though by Balinese standards it is much smaller and basic than what you would find elsewhere on the island.
- Bali Samadhi Spa  (Tel. 081 338 558 260) — in Lovina offers a variety of massages. One is called Rebalancing Massage a very nice mixture between therapeutic and well-being massage. Mandi Lulur scrubs are available including the yogurt mask.
- Cockfights are held around lovina. You will see around Lovina many older people training the cocks, just ask them to bring you to a fight.
Kakatua in Kalibukbuk is one the most popular with tourists and not without reason. The menu is varied, the staff friendly and you can see the food being prepared and cooked from fresh ingredients. Look thm up in Bali Eats
Waru Bali is a cool place to get get a beer and watch the sun go down. One of the oldest warung in Kalibukbuk and still very popular. Stay late and you might enjoy a singalong with some of the locals.
- ZiGiZ Bar  — the one and only! Over 100 Cocktails! Every day LIVE accoustic guitar music. Jalan Binaria, the road down to the Dolphin-Statue on the Beach (Center Lovina).Come and join us!
- Villa Santhi  — A private luxury home available for weekly rentals starting at 1000 Euro / week.
- Bali Paradise Hotel, ☎ +62-362-41432 (email@example.com), . Luxury accommodation! Hotel with ocean and mountain view, huge swimming pool, huge rooms available. USD $15+.
- Rambutan Beach Cottages  — is fine family hotel near the beach. It has two pools and a pleasant restaurant. Room prices from the budget $14 per double up to luxury villa $120.
- Suma is a cheap and clean hostel. It is beautiful situated next to the beach. There is no pool and there is no hot water. Prices are around 35000 (3 euro), however could be split by half after bargaining.