Los Olivos is a small community in the Santa Inez Valley winery region of Santa Barbara County in Southern California.
- Andrew Murray Vineyards - 805-686-9604, 2901 Grand Ave, downtown Los Olivos. In terms of Santa Barbara wine tasting, Andrew Murray is recognized as one of the better wineries in Santa Ynex for Syrah and other Rhone style wines. Although Andrew Murray recently sold his vineyards, a five-year leasing agreement assures ongoing quality product.
- Beckmen Vineyards – 805-688-8664, 2670 Ontiveros Road, Los Olivos. They're open 11-5, and generally pour good wines. Beckmen is among the smaller Santa Barbara wineries. Their setting is pleasant, though they don't offer much view compared with other Santa Barbara wine tasting options.
- Brander Vineyard – 805-688-2455, Highway 154 at Roblar, Los Olivos. One of the smaller Santa Barbara wine tasting rooms, among Santa Barbara wineries this is worth a stop if you're in Los Olivos.
- Curtis Winery – 805-686-8999, 5249 Foxen Canyon Road, Los Olivos. The main tasting room and small lawn are very pretty, and the wine is good. They are open 10-5 daily, and one tasting fee covers both Curtis and another of the Santa Barbara wineries, Firestone.
- Daniel Gehrs Wines – 805-693-9686, 2939 Grand Avenue, Los Olivos. One of the numerous tasting rooms along the main street in Los Olivos...a different kind of tasting experience than other Santa Barbara wineries, in that you can walk from one to the next. They've open later than most...11-6 daily. They have a nice mix of wines.
- Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard – 800-841-1104, 6200 Foxen Canyon Road, Los Olivos. Some of the best wine among Santa Barbara wineries. They have a very large lawn which is well-suited for a picnic. They welcome groups and have a separate tasting counter for private events. They're open 10-5 daily. They pour more whites than red, which may disappoint some.
- Firestone Vineyard - 805-688-3940, 5000 Zaca Station Rd., Los Olivos. Perhaps the most common stop in a day of Santa Barbara wine tasting. They are open 10-5 daily, and serve consistently good wines. Firestone opened in 1972 and has become one of the leading Santa Barbara wineries. Their tour is perhaps the best in the region. Firestone is set on a hill with great views, making it a perfect picnic spot. Firestone has three distinct picnic grounds. The one on the east side of the parking lot and slightly downhill has the best view.
- Koehler Winery – 805-686-8484, 5360 Foxen Cyn Rd, Los Olivos. They're open 10-4 daily and have a nice picnic area. They are located on a small hill with decent view. They are among the least crowded Santa Barbara wineries.
- Los Olivos Vintners – 805-688-9665, 2923 Grand Avenue, Los Olivos. Another of the tasting rooms in Los Olivos, as an alternative to the Santa Barbara wineries to which you have to drive. They're open 11-6 daily, and also have a small picnic area.
- Qupe – 805-937-9801, 2531 Grand Avenue, Los Olivos. Qupe is based at the Bien Nacido Vineyard in Santa Maria, but like many Santa Barbara wineries, it has its tasting room in Los Olivos. Open 11-6 daily.
- Zaca Mesa Winery – 800-350-7972, 6905 Foxen Canyon Road, Los Olivos. Zaca Mesa is one of the northern-most Santa Barbara wineries. They have rather pretty grounds, though only a limited view. They’re open 10-4 and tastings are free for groups under 10. Zaca Mesa's grapes are grown on the winery property in Foxen Canyon.
WikiPedia:Los Olivos, California