Los Chiles is a border town city in the north of Costa Rica.
It s pretty wealthy because of it s geographic border situation. It s the most northern town and one of the two official border crossings between Plains of the North, Costa Rica and Rio San Juan Region in Nicaragua.
Pretty small - walkable!
On the Riverbank of the Rio Frio you can see sometimes Howler Monkeys and different birds.
You can hop on a Tour boat driving around on the Rio Frio watching birds and stuff like that. Most of these tours are actually organised from Fortuna.
There are plenty of Sodas all over town.
- Soda Andrea (Donde Comer Es Un Placer), 100m oeste y 50m sur de la parada de buses (100m west and 50m south from the bus station), ☎ 24711107 / 87056878. 7:00am to 10:00pm. Local, family-run business, with menu in English and Spanish. Offers traditional foods of Costa Rica, specializing in rice, meat and fast foods. Totally natural, home-made fruit juices and smoothies. Well known throughout the community for their good service and good food. Ask for the owner, Andrea -- she´s a sweetheart. With plans for a small hotel next door. / Empresa Familiar.Ofrecemos la carta en ingles y en español. Les ofrecemos comidas típicas de Costa Rica, con especialidad en arroces, carnes y comidas rapidas. Bebidas totalmemte naturales preparadas en casa. Muy conocida por toda la comunidad por su buena atencion y su rica comida. Con proyecto de un pequeño hotel a la par. 1200 colones to 3300 colones ($2.20 to $6.80).
- Hotal Tulipan (10 000 - 12 000) right in front of Migration with Bar & Restaurant.
- Cabinas Jabiru (8 000 - 10 000 Colones) closer to the bus station (follow the signs)
- Small hostels on the southern side of the soccer field / central parc for abour 2 500 - 3000 Colones.
- at 11 am and 3 pm there is a direct bus to San Jose (cheaper then changing in Ciudad Quesada) (2 100 Colones)