Kensington can be seen as two different areas served by two tube stations. South Kensington hosts three of London's biggest museums, and is near to Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. High Street Kensington leads to a long line of shops and department stores, and offers a less hectic version of Oxford Street.
If travelling by tube, go to High Street Kensington (District and Circle Lines) for the shops or South Kensington (District, Circle and Piccadilly Lines) for the museums. There are rail connections at Olympia (District Line) and West Brompton (District Line) in West Kensington. This area is well served by regular buses.
These museums are all free to get in, and only charge for temporary exhibitions. They do accept donations if you feel you've enjoyed your visit.
- Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) . Named in honour of Queen Victoria and her consort Albert, this museum has existed for over 150 years. It contains a huge collection of decorative arts from all over the world and far back in time, trying to see everything in one day would be exhausting. There are regular exhibitions concentrating on a particular theme from Chinese art to fashion designers. Frequently they put on children's activities and late DJ nights.
- Natural History Museum, .
- Science Museum, .
- The Geological Museum.
- Royal Albert Hall , Kensington Gore, SW7 2AP, 020 7589 8212. Since opening in 1871 it has become one of the most famous venues in the UK. It still mainly caters for a classical audience, but it also hosts many other varied events including the odd contemporary rock/pop acts.
In addition, Holland Park is well worth a visit.
- Ambassadors Hotel . Popular 3 star hotel situated on Collingham Road between Earls Court and Kensington. The hotel offers 140 en-suite rooms, all with modern amenities. Book direct for best rates and low prices.
- Berjaya Eden Park Hotel, tel. +44 020 7221 2220 . Built in year 1860, is a welcoming and relaxing haven located in the heart of London. Set on a quiet tree-lined terrace just a minutes away from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, the hotel located in Inverness Terrace, just off the Bayswater and Queensway road. Its offer 135 guestrooms with en-suite facilities. 45-minutes drive from Heathrow Airport and 2-minutes walk to Bayswater and Queensway Underground. Better rates available for travel during non-peak period!
- York House Luxury Studio Apartments London, tel. +44 020 7370 6648 . York House is situated on Philbeach Gardens in London's Earl's Court district. The York House offers tastefully designed studio apartments with private shower and kitchenette facilities, ideally located close to Earls Court Exhibition Centre and Earl's Court tube station.
- St Mark Hotel, tel. +44 207 373 0060 . The St Mark Hotel is situated on Barkston Gardens in Earls Court. This popular budget hotel in central London offers 25 guest rooms all with private ensuite facilities. Book Online for best deals.
- Blakes, 33 Roland Gardens, London SW7 3PF . A fashionable small "couture" luxury hotel respected for client privacy.
- 'Quality Crown Hotel Kensington'(formerly Country Inn & Suites Kensington), 162 Cromwell Road, PH: +44 20 7244 2400, Fax: +44 20 7244 2500 email@example.com, . This is an excellent air conditioned contemporary styled 4 star hotel with around 80 rooms as Executive Singles, Contemporary Doubles, Executive Kings and Twins. There is wireless and wired high speed internet, on-demand movies and music and much, much more. Surprisingly large public areas and lounges in this Kensington hotel close to Gloucester Road and Earl's Court tube stations. Executive Single from £75 and Contemporary Double from £89. Highly recommended after a superb stay !
- The Lord Jim Hotel, 23-25 Penywern Road Earls Court SW5 9TT, Ph: 020 7370 6071, Fax: 020 7373 8919, LJH@lgh-hotels.com,  (online booking costs you £37 for the booking itself). One of the best hotels on Penywern Road, they have 45 rooms ranging from singles to quads. Breakfast is included, some rooms en suite. Prices are between £17 to £33 per person single. There is a TV lounge, a 24 hour concierge, and the staff is friendly and helpful. It is clean and the shared bathrooms are not bad at all.
- K+K Hotel George, 1-15 Templeton Place, Earls Court SW5 9NB, Ph: 020-7598 8700, Fax: 020-7370 2285, *firstname.lastname@example.org, . They have 154 rooms and free wireless (and wired) internet access. It's a short walk from the Earls Court tube station. Single room £175, Twin room £210, Triple room £230.
- The Great Eastern - A Wyndham Luxury Hotel, Liverpool Street.
- Astons Apartments, 31 Rosary Gardens, South Kensington SW7 4NH, Ph: 020-7590 6000, Fax: 020-7590 6060, email@example.com, . They have 54 self contained apartments of both Standard and Executive style set within three victorian town houses. It is located a short walk from Gloucester road tube station giving superb links to the west end. Single Studio Apartments £65, Twin Studio £95, Four Person Executive £165. All apartments are en-suite and have either kitchenette or kitchen facilities, ideal alternative to eating out! - Wireless internet access available at cost.
- Merlyn Court Hotel, 2 Barkston Gardens, Earls Court, Ph: 020 7370 1640, Fax: 020 7370 4986, firstname.lastname@example.org, . Lovely and friendly family run bed and breakfast hotel. Totally no smoking. Located in a quiet Edwardian Garden Square in Kensington & Chelsea. Bright and clean rooms. Prices are from £35 per night. Family rooms are available.
- Refresh Accommodation, 117 Sydney Street, SW3 6NR. The serviced apartment agency has over 7,000 apartments located throughout london and the UK. They own and manage apartments within Rosary Gardens, SW7. For further information on the location of apartments and the wide selction of facilities try visiting  or email email@example.com - Refresh Accommodation can be contacted on 08456800080
- Montana Hotel, 16 - 17 Gloucester Road. Just 2 minutes walk from the Gloucester Road tube station. Good standard tourist class accommodation in an excellent area.
- myhotel Chelsea, 35 Ixworth Pl. On a quiet residential street on the doorstep of fashionable shops and minutes from South Kensington and King's Road.