The place of pilgrimage Lluc is one of the main attractions in the Serra de Tramuntana on Mallorca.
18km from Pollença, ca.15km from Inca and 20km from Sóller. Winding and narrow roads from all directions.
Buses run from Pollença and sa Calobra. Probably also from Sóller and Inca.
The heart of the old place of pilgrimage is the church, surrounded by a big hotel complex. Beside that, there are some restaurants, bars and souvenir shops. The residential school for choirboys is not accessible for the public.
Located at about 700m above sea level, Lluc is a very central starting point for many hikes in the Serra de Tramuntana.
The pilgrim Church
Do you like souvenirs?
There are several restaurants with moderate prices.
- The free campground at the beginning of the dead end road that leads to the place of pilgrimage is probably the biggest one in the whole Serra. It is well maintained and offers toilets, cold showers and barbecue facilities. The rangers bring fire wood regularly.
- The Hotel has nice old rooms in a noble atmosphere for about 30 Euros the double room. Single rooms have almost the same price.
You can do many walks from Lluc. Here are some of them:
- Around the Puig Roig and Puig Caragoler (7h)
- Puig Tomir (1103m, 3h)
- Puig Massanella (1367m, 4h)
- Torente de Pareis, a steep canon that you can descent down to the sea.
- Hike to Pollença.